April 20th 2013 Workday

Art Lilley is being taken care of by ZUwharrie. If they quit me and my wife will take it over. The other parking lots I am unsure of. But NC4x4 has all the regular roads there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

One last thing, If they is a trail that is not represented at whatever date workday then other non club members can take that trail for the day, same case as if there is only one on said trail from the adopting club.
I have met some great people and been able to pass on good info to wheelers that have jumped in with CTB over the last few workdays.

Just gonna throw this idea out there, I'd like to get a group of 4-10 people and hit Daniel trail from the backside and address some of the big issues. Mainly trash pick up and blocking off some bypasses. Daniel seems to be the new hang out and if we dont start preventive maintenance it can/will end up on the same path as Kodak. I'd also would like to have somebody that knows what the FS wants or one of them go with us, mainly just to know what areas the FS wants address. The obvious things are easy to spot but there's a couple areas that are not.

The Daniel first ledge bypass has been addressed.... in a big way

Nope. That tree was gone mid afternoon on Saturday. There's also a bypass to the right before the first ledge. This area needs A LOT of work.

Can we get carsonite "road closed" posts from the FS to put on those illegal trails? I think there needs to be a substantial amount of log stacking and general reclamation work on them, but I can't help but think that the tree was winched out of the way by somebody that thought they were "fixing" the trail.

We have a meeting up there tomorrow and I will mention that idea to Debra if she comes out. I am not too sure if anyone from the FS will show up as she is depending the next few months in the Croatian . Darn good idea though that might deter a few.

Nope. That tree was gone mid afternoon on Saturday. There's also a bypass to the right before the first ledge. This area needs A LOT of work.
That was a 45-50 foot tree winched between two other trees to keep it from being moved easily. It took quite a bit of work to put it there and clearly did not fall there naturally.

I got to say, if people are that determined to get off the trail and do what they want, what's the point.

I guess we will have to make URE like a kiddie go kart track and guard rail the whole damn place to keep the idiots where they belong.

Rant Off.

Oh, I saw the tree. I actually tried to winch it back up where you put it, but had Cyd and both kids with me. The logistics were a bit much for me to pull off by myself.

Oh, I saw the tree. I actually tried to winch it back up where you put it, but had Cyd and both kids with me. The logistics were a bit much for me to pull off by myself.
Nice!

That really pisses me off people that intentionally do shit like that just need there ass kicked and banned from the trails. I helped Len with that as well as using orange marking tape to block bypasses I saw on Saturday. People just suck!!!

If I show up a little late can we still help? Gotta help a 80 year old man split wood first thing in the morning?

Sent from my zombie assult vechicle using a ham radio

We are going to need to hit up daniel with a vengence, the trail is coverd in bypasses, even down at the mud lane on the back side there are spider trails all over the place. Also slabpile was a mess as well, Trash was at a minimum at the whole place though, I think Shawn was the only one in our group to find a bunch of trash in one place.

If I show up a little late can we still help? Gotta help a 80 year old man split wood first thing in the morning?

Sent from my zombie assult vechicle using a ham radio

Yes just try to get a number of somebody there to meet up with us.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

Back