Arrowhead Campground questions

Bringing this back up from a while ago...

I've always camped either on the trail or off the main roads in one of the free spots. Camping on the trails is no longer allowed (last I recall), and the last few times I've been, finding a good camping spot on the side of the road has been difficult. Planning to go up in a few weeks, and hoping to get a good spot on the side of the road, but I was wondering if Arrowhead takes "walk-ins" just in case I can't find a good spot when I get there. Are they a reservations only campsite?

I've always camped either on the trail or off the main roads in one of the free spots. Camping on the trails is no longer allowed (last I recall), and the last few times I've been, finding a good camping spot on the side of the road has been difficult. Planning to go up in a few weeks, and hoping to get a good spot on the side of the road, but I was wondering if Arrowhead takes "walk-ins" just in case I can't find a good spot when I get there. Are they a reservations only campsite?

There are a few non-reservable sites. We were there a few weeks ago, and the campground was only half full on a Friday night. There was also room on the upper loop at Badin. But that was in the middle of August. It tends to be more crowded in the fall.

Been wheeling ure for many years. Always used to camp arrowhead with our motorhomes , love ure so much I bought 2.5 acres on 109 5 mins from the outpost. So now we don't need reservations

Camping in certain spots on the trails is no longer allowed and those are marked, however, there are still many places on the trails to camp. Not that Art Lilley is anything to write home about, it's free and usually empty. The entrance to Falls Dam by Art Lilley is a decent spot with plenty of room and you can get a smaller trailer in there. Same with Dickey Bell right off the gravel road (you can easily put a few campers and several tents there). Still plenty of places along the side of the roads too.

I camp at the Art Lilley camping place/spot.
It's definitely a 'bring everything', spot, but that what i like about it.....
People there i met are decent or at least keep to them selfs, which is all i can ask for....

I just spent 3 nights camping at the top of sawmill. You can still camp off the side of the trail.

I always camp just north of the forest road on Rockey Mountain Loop at the top of the hill. There are 3-4 sites. It is not accessable by car nor can you get an rv up there.

URE and Arrowhead gurus, any recommendations on a spot for a 40’ motorcoach with a 20’ trailer and 2 buggies?

Or even Badin Lake Campground? Worst case I reserve one of the group camp sites so I have plenty of room.

I recommend reserving one of the double sites. Back in the trailer and unhook then put the motorcoach on the other side of the fire pit.
There aren't any that long where you could back up even to the trees/rocks to get the full 60'+ ft off of the main loop.

non-electric #3 would do you fine then.
i dont know your dates though.

7, 31, 40 and 20 might do, but tight.
can't really offer any others without knowing dates. thats just looking at this nasty ass weekend.
give the host a call.
910-576-6391

Some of the pullthrough sites are like 80'+ but might be a real PITA navigating through the loop if folks are parked on the side of the road.

Getting a 40' bus and trailer around the loop is going to be a pain under the best of circumstances, especially if you're worried about scratching it.

Ran the motorcoach around most of the loop and set up at space 29. It was reserved but they were no shows. 29 is a double spot with 50amp service and nice and good sized for the 40’ RV, trailer, 2 buggies and a Tahoe and not get yelled at by the hosts for parking off the asphalt.

The wife trying to fit in mini buggy

E4979DEF-15AD-48F8-9C04-0C30903E9AA4.jpeg

The girls working in their buggy so they can ride. Safety first!
705FBF96-7F35-48FF-A109-C5C82501EDD7.jpeg

And finally, space 29. Good for a 40’ pusher with trailer, 2 buggies, and spare vehicle.
DD8695A8-EEEF-4ACB-8F89-228B164300AD.jpeg

The old guy host that was there last weekend was a huge doosh. He was in our ass all day on Friday. Considering not going back.

The old guy host that was there last weekend was a huge doosh. He was in our ass all day on Friday. Considering not going back.

I wonder if it’s the same d bag that was there when I went. The guy flipped out because I had a tire off of the asphalt. He was pissy because my front left RV tire was not completely inside the asphalt parking area. I pushed the auto leveler on the RV and said, “now it’s good, it’s not touching the ground anymore.”

That went over as well as a turd in a punch bowl. The lady host was super nice and helpful. She chuckled when I snapped back at the old man host about the RV’s tire out of the parking space.

Thankfully the old man’s time there should be close to coming to an end.

I wonder if it’s the same d bag that was there when I went. The guy flipped out because I had a tire off of the asphalt. He was pissy because my front left RV tire was not completely inside the asphalt parking area. I pushed the auto leveler on the RV and said, “now it’s good, it’s not touching the ground anymore.”

That went over as well as a turd in a punch bowl. The lady host was super nice and helpful. She chuckled when I snapped back at the old man host about the RV’s tire out of the parking space.

Thankfully the old man’s time there should be close to coming to an end.
Didn’t even reed your whole post. Yes. He was Driving a 3rd gen 4runner. He got upset about the same shit with us. He’s a pathetic cuck. He spent most of his Friday fucking with me it seemed. At one point he said he couldn’t talk to me till his back up got there.

Back