At Ruffstuff we've Lowered Diff Cover Prices!

These are the original 3/8" thick Diff Covers, they have always been machined flat after welding, always welded inside and out, always sold at a fair price!

And these have always had an unconditional lifetime guarantee, always, not just when competition demanded it ;)

Just bought me a FJ-40 diff cover as well as alot of other stuff, killer price (thanks Dan). The FJ-40 (will fit FJ-60 too) is BEEFY, very well built and you can tell it took alot of time. They shipped it out on Wednesday and I got it on Friday, so you CAN buy stuff from Cali and still get it QUICK thanks to USPS.

Soon to be building a couple axles with Ruffstuff housings, look for the Racin' Coma build thread coming up!

I just got my fj60 cover yesterday after a 4+ month wait and attempted to put it on today and first off the holes was not drilled big enough for the factory studs nor bolts to go in it. After drilling the holes out I then tried to put it on and it would not fit up and bolt in the fill plug was on the bottom and when trying to spin it around the ring gear hit. I am at a end because I am getting ready to go to harlan this week and have nothing now

I just got my fj60 cover yesterday after a 4+ month wait and attempted to put it on today and first off the holes was not drilled big enough for the factory studs nor bolts to go in it. After drilling the holes out I then tried to put it on and it would not fit up and bolt in the fill plug was on the bottom and when trying to spin it around the ring gear hit. I am at a end because I am getting ready to go to harlan this week and have nothing now

Mine was the same way, I have told Dan about the issues, I think it was a mistake in the batch. The pattern is symmetrical, so it is an easy one to weld on upside down I guess. I clearanced the inside of the cover a bit to clear the ring gear, he may have designed it for a 4.10 gear which is alot thinner than the 5.29's. I also had to drill the holes larger and weld in a true 'fill' plug since the sill plug that was on it was on the bottom.

I was just glad to get it after the long wait, it is definetly beefy though, and the issues didn't bother me enough to want to send it back. I'm sure he'll get it straightened out.

Mine was the same way, I have told Dan about the issues, I think it was a mistake in the batch. The pattern is symmetrical, so it is an easy one to weld on upside down I guess. I clearanced the inside of the cover a bit to clear the ring gear, he may have designed it for a 4.10 gear which is alot thinner than the 5.29's. I also had to drill the holes larger and weld in a true 'fill' plug since the sill plug that was on it was on the bottom.

I was just glad to get it after the long wait, it is definetly beefy though, and the issues didn't bother me enough to want to send it back. I'm sure he'll get it straightened out.
Very sorry about the problems with the FJ cover. We waited on the bender forever for the final changes and then had 2 welders work on them, one got every one right and one got every one wrong! After 22 prototypes I am just happy to be finally done!

Back