auction...manufacturing, machine shop stuff

kaiser715

Doing hard time
Static Control here in Sanford is having an "excess property" auction. Actually, they have been bought out and moving most of their operation away from here (overseas?), so most everything getting gone. Some interesting stuff...mills, tooling and setup stuff, some die tables that would make good fab tables (1/2" tops), etc....

Day 1 sale: Perfection Industrial Sales | Day 1 - Assets Surplus to the Ongoing Operations of Static Control Components, Inc. - a Global Leader in the Manufacture of High Quality Replace lots

Day 2 sale: Day 2 - Assets Surplus to the Ongoing Operations of Static Control Components, Inc.

@tknopp

One of my best friends use to be the EE and manager of one of those plants in Sanford.

He use to fly all over the world to buy some of that equipment

I am awful tempted on the Static suction since it is here in town.

Found the ad for it searching for a forklift....but looks like they all have lots of hours...12k to 18k ish.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Where is stuff located?

Sanford, NC

Up until a couple of years ago, SCC had 100% of their manufacturing in Lee County (and they were about 3% of all employment here), all mfg and warehouse buildings within about a mile radius. Until the tornados a few years ago...2011...they took a hard hit, lost three warehouses, most of their "Global Distribution Center". Chinese bought them out about 3/4 years ago.

Some of those control panels make my pants fit funny...

Thanks for sharing.

Im making a list of items to bid on. Hopefully all the specialty items will deter people from digging too far in and finding the good stuff.

This is such a shame. Anyone else notice the buyers premium was 18%
That's typical of machinery auctions. Go ahead and figure 25% on top of hammer price to cover fee and tax. It amazes me to see someone bid $495 on a used Kurt vise they can get for $500 new online with free shipping.

Back