Auto Trannies in Ram 3500s?

BIGWOODY said:
Do you really think most drivers follow strick DOT guide lines? I know several that tell me they don't, if they did the $$$$ wouldn't be worth it. I'm not saying it's a good idea, I'm just saying don't think that doesn't happen on a regular basis.

I drive past the truck scales on I-40/85 near Hillsboro every day. Yesterday I saw a guy in an F350, commercial boat transport. He passed me in Chapel Hill and I was checking out the nice new boat he was hauling. Then just before the scales, he was on the side of the road pulling the magnetic signs for his transport business off the doors of his truck so no one would check him out as he passed the scales. :)

MR. GADGET said:
So who are they?
Just so happens I work for DOT and can get something done about that. ;)
J

Show me 1 independent on the road who isnt keeping 2 books and I will show you a truck that will be up for sale real soon...

Especially with fuel increases and most brokers notincreasing surs much if any and freight rates only mildly fluctuating, me and a family member (who owns a "few" rigs) did some math... you pretty much better avg. 70mph your entire DOT legal time to clear 60k....

You tell me, how many drivers out there are staying gone from their families 9-10 months out of the year for much less?

The laws are good intentioned.
And God knows cutting the BS of the 70s out is a great thing for all of us...but a little to tight these days IMHO

Back