Banner ads...

RatLabGuy

You look like a monkey and smell like one too
at bottom of page now... above the Quick Reply...

...sellin' out? Had to pay some bills? haha.

Was gonna say, those are small enough I am not remotely bothered...

Was honestly surprised they didn't have ads all this time, its by far the cheapest 4x4 site I am a paying member of, and was up til now the only one without banner ads.

Wouldn't be against a top banner for supporting vendors being available soon, would help find the places to go to for those of us who like to shop locally.

Yeah, we're trying to see if there's a potential revenue stream there. We're going to experiment with it, so don't be surprised to see the size/shape/placement change over the next few weeks. We're not hard up for cash at the moment, but a regular check would help fund some other projects around here.

All of mine are for freakin' Baltimore stuff.
I avoid that place at all costs.

I'm not bothered - really just noticed it, made me wonder how long it's even been there.

My only concern w/ ads is what happens when you view the site via cell phone browser. There, space is limited and I already have to scroll or zoom around stuff. More clutter = bad.
But on the 24" monitor = who cares.

No ads on Tapatalk. ;)

i know of a certain rover club that failed due to the banner space.

i think one of the officers was giving premium space to friends or something like that...cant remember the details.

**EDIT***

not that im condemning this action here. just adding an annecdotal story to the thread.

Is that English?

Let's use the language we've all agreed upon. :flipoff2:

Tuesday night, I think.

The top or the bottom is cool with me, I totally understand. As far as those annoying ads between posts, I can't stand them and try to avoid those sites.

As far as those annoying ads between posts, I can't stand them and try to avoid those sites.

Funny thing is... Google has this whole little FAQ on placement, and they say that between posts is a bad location. But everybody seems to do it. I'm not sure what Google's justification is, but I suspect that sites put them there because they attract lots of accidental clicks.

No big deal to me. I am one of the advertising people on another site and we work HARD to get them to advertise, it's what pays the bills.

Give me a month or so to figure that out.

Send me a PM and I'll contact you once I've worked out the details.

I believe the site makes 7/10 of a cent for every click? or something like that. Could be wrong.

A little Idea is to get local vendors to buy banners for the site .I would Also like to see if we could get some bigger names on it as well .

YES and YES.

i would really like to see OUR vendors buying the ad space.

Especially at the top of the page.

our current vendor list is nice, but not enough in my opinion.

YES and YES.
i would really like to see OUR vendors buying the ad space.
Especially at the top of the page.
our current vendor list is nice, but not enough in my opinion.

That's the eventual goal, it's just going to take some trial and error before we get to that point.

Not a fan of the banners at the top.

But I think this is in part b/c it pushes the threads even farther down. (And b/c they are for useless crap).

They'll likely be direct-sale ads in the future.

Back