Be easy on your rockets!

tacobuggy101

On of my friends died yesterday while while riding his rocket. If any of you ride, be easy on them. And if you dont, Look twice save someones life that rider is someones son or daughter.

Define "Rocket"? I.e. "Crotch Rocket"? (Which is akin to calling every 4wd a Toyota pickup)

Was he wearing gear? Riders courses? What happened?

By being able to analyze the situation, others can learn from it, and he can help save someone else's life.

Yeah i feel sorry for the guy's family and friend's such as you. But I don't like the generalization, as you can easily die on any bike. I know everytime i suit up i may not come back. It's just a risk you take, you just have to know your limits, and watch everyone else on the road.

I would also like to know more about what happened, it's easier to learn if you have some details.

I see your in hudson, where did this happen?

I think he just wants to grieve right now ,not answer a lot of questions.

junkman said:
I think he just wants to grieve right now ,not answer a lot of questions.

Understandible

But variables DO count. I.E. hearing about a death caused by a rollover while some dude was out wheeling while drunk with the doors off and no seat belt carries a little less remorse than a true accident

Far too many times a death occurs on a bike, concerns for those who really ARE "safe riders" are hightened and loved ones are given more "worry about" simply because some kid who thinks he's 10ft tall and bulletproof decided to go out on a GSXRNINJABUSA 1000 and go mach 5 down a 4 lane hiway with shorts and flops bobbing a weaving and plows into the back of a mini-van.

Then the family of said "Dawin award winner" wants to ban motorcycles :shaking:

Not trying to disrespect tacobuggy101 or his original post and concern, but we're given bad press enough....all we're asking for is education to help others

90xj said:
I know everytime i suit up i may not come back.

I can second that one 100%.

I just went to another funeral for a biker friend of mine a few weeks ago.

It's the risk you take for the freedom of 2 wheels.

Everytime I get on my bike it's a thought that goes through my head, this may be my last day alive and you have to willingly accept that risk or not ride.

CasterTroy said:
Understandible
But variables DO count. I.E. hearing about a death caused by a rollover while some dude was out wheeling while drunk with the doors off and no seat belt carries a little less remorse than a true accident

My condolences as well...the point that was being mentioned is the fact that 30% of motorcycle fatalities are alcohol related....keep it safe out there AND sober... (Btw the % is almost identical to vehicle fatalities, 30% are alcohol related...the good news is both of those are down from 50% in 1983)

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5347a2.htm

Back