Benefit ride at The Flats, July 24th

upnover

Grumpy, decrepit Old Man
Benefit invite for Greg Cannon
Saturday July 24th

Greg is the brother of one of Rock Corps 4X4 members, Brian Cannon.
Greg has been battling a MRSA infection for months now. He has had some better days, some bad days and some worse days. He has undergone several procedures, many different types of antibiotics. The MRSA has shown up in about every part of his body, including his lungs. His latest bout was with his feet. He had to have them cut open, and cleaned and is currently undergoing yet another regiment of antibiotics. He is now at home, with a home health nurse coming by everyday to care for his feet and inject antibiotics. All the while, medical bills are piling up, and he can't work. He does have insurance, but it doesn't cover everything. Not just medical, but other bills are piling up too. I am not trying to be too graphic here, just trying my best to explain the severity of the situation.
So we, Rock Corps 4X4, are having a benefit ride/fun day. I do apologize for such short notice, but the need is now.We need the entire 4X4 community to help out, we need you to bring your family and your friends!

Gate to open Friday afternoon the 23rd
Going to do things a little different, to make it fun for all

We are going to have a show and shine to start off with. Line up all trail rigs and they will be judged. Now when I say shine, might be a little different as to how you think shine. I am not talking about being able to eat off of it, or how well you can see your reflection. I am talking how modified, how prepared, and so on. More on that later, but that gives you an idea. I will gather a impartial group of judges to judge them on a given format.

At the same time the show and shine is going on, we will have a peoples choice award, $1, one vote. Rig with most votes, wins. Everyone who attends can vote, and everyone can vote as much as they want. Proceeds going toward the benefit.

There will be other things to compete in. I won't say what, but it's all for fun and for the benefit.

I do plan on trophies for the winners.
Cost will be a $10 donation for every rig and driver, and $5 for all passengers and spectator

The infamous, often simulated, never duplicated Terry Moorefield "your Hot Dog Guy" will be there with his refreshments, and awesome hot dogs. COME HUNGRY!

I would love to do a raffle. If enough vendors and individuals commit to giving of an item or a service, we will do so. So, if you are in such a position PLEASE contact me via PM and we can get this part going too.

Remember this is for fun and for a good cause, more details as they develope

If I can get the day off I will be there. Anything to help out. I will also talk to my boss and see if we cant get together a prize for the raffle.

That's right, Chip called me tonight and ask'd if I would help out and I agreed I would be there pretty quick. I don't have it worked out yet, but when you buy from my cart a portion will be given to the cause! And I'll have a donation jar that all of it's contents will go to the cause also! Come help out a good cause, if you can't make it send a few dollars to help out with one of you're buddies that can attend! If we come together and pitch in a little it will help out a lot! I think I have roped Dylan W. into helping me sling a few dogs, we'll know soon if upper management (Brooke) will let him! He's willing to give up a saturday to work hard and cook so you don't have to! More details later. Thanks in advance to Chip and the gang for letting me help out!

Everyone bring your rc crawlers.Our group has 6 or 7 2.2 rigs.What scale is the table for?If it is for the 1.9 we will set up a course up at the playground for the larger ones if needed

Table Crawl is not really an open r/c invite...it's more or less a self contained game, i guess.
I just use the Nylint crawlers on this table(4x8) with 6'' pvc as walls. It keeps everyone on the same playing field and using the same crawlers makes it as fair as possible.
However, I am sure Chip wouldnt mind if you wanted to arrange some type of real r/c comp as long as it will help the cause.

Hey Jason, you stumbled onto an idea and didn't know it.
As Dylan said, the table crawl table is neutral. Everyone uses Dylan's RC crawlers to compete. They pay, play, and hope for the best time. Best time wins a prize.

If you'd like to set up a Rock Corps 4X4 course, invite others to bring their stuff, and compete. Go for it. All the more for the cause!

I just posted a thread on Carolina Coastal Offroad Board directing anybody interested to this site. And to their venders for prizes or showing up. Might be some that has never heard of the Flats or Rock Corps. Might want to post directions and intro yourself,...just trying to help out!

I'll be there joining the spectating team.

For those unable to make this event still consider making a donation. Even the gas money you saved by not going, would help a lot.

I think I am going to try and make this. I've almost got my Samurai back together.

Rock Corps 4X4 LLC is gonna start the ball rolling for the raffle! We have voted to donate a new winch to get it started. Not sure yet, but most likely it will be a Smittybuilt XRC 8

So there it is, who else wants to donate a item or service?
I will make sure you, your company, or your club gets a promotional plug for your gift, Unless you want it to be kept secret, then we will respect that too!

Thanks Ricky, sure wish you and the monster team could be there!

Got word from snappy, he is going to be bringing some items for the raffle, he is also going to be bringing another game. I think we can incorporate it into the points for over all event winner.

Anyone have a dunking booth? I think Dunk the Moderator would be a great addition! If,... we have any mods with the kahoonah's to climb in!

I also have some diff guard's for a 60 the winner's of this if you can't use them I will build you some for what ever 44,14 bolt ect..

thank's again for everyones support

Just received word that The Big Dixie Boggers will be there! as if there was any doubt!
A great group of guys, and if you do nothing else, just watching some of them is well worth the price of your donation!
Why wait for YouTube, when you can witness it and be able to say, I was there!
Thanks BDB

Not sure if Ill be able to make it, planned a Meet on the same date, can definately postpone that, just have to convince a few folks to make the trip out.
Assuming camping is allowed for friday night?
Posted this on NAXJA SEC, not sure how many guys we have in the area, but figure the more the merrier for this kind of event.

If I can get my brother involved, Ill be there, and definately have atleast a carload with, will try to talk a few friends into it but as Ive said before anything further than 30 minutes they tend to flake, its hard to organize a URE trip lol

Mind posting the Address for GPS?

Back