Best drive thru sandwich?

Who am I kidding I'm not a really picky eater and I'm cheap as hell. Had some fancy bacon burger from Burger King the other day and was half tempted to get the fruity pebble milkshake but realized my chick roommate would call me childish. I just like food in general lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If we are going biscuts Cajun filet egg and cheese is my favorite from bojangles, also better than any other sandwich to me.
Order a cheddar bo biscuit, and add egg and chicken. It throws them off at the register, but I think its better than the american cheese.

Honestly I put so much Texas Pete and honey mustard on it I really don't taste the cheese

This new Hippie Jody isn't as cool as the old one.

I think Waylon covered that here:

Is that what you were supposed to do?

I thought you were supposed to eat all 5 sammiches.

Me too....that might explain why....

Back in early nineties my dad bought 100 of those 5 for 5 roast beef sandwiches. He froze them and that was our lunch for quite a while. They actually microwaved pretty well. He just said you can't beat a buck for lunch...

Sooo, karma bit me today. Worked through lunch, and lunch was delivered later. It was Chick Fil-A. :p

At least I got a pretty solid Southwest salad out of it, complete with MSG chicken (I still don't care much about MSG, it's naturally occurring in many foods).

No CFA glue sandwiches!

Last edited:
IMG_1867.JPG
Not a drive thru.

medium texas schlotskis on jalapeno bread then lay the hot sauce to it. most drive thru is just gotta eat and dont have time..

Wendy's for a burger most of the time. We don't have too many choices in Marion :rolleyes:. I like a whopper from BK once in a while but seems like you can still taste it two days later. I think rather I'd throw up in my mouth than eat anything at McDonald's. I could eat a chick fil a fried sandwich everyday.....

I don't like drive thru either, have to cut the Cummins off for them even to hear.
Kids love some McD's, so that's about the extent of our drive thru action. I don't mind the occasional filet o fish, mmm tasty.

I used to grab 5for5 Arby's On a URE day trip, sit them on the tranny tunnel, they would stay hot til dinner time.

I NEVER drive through, about every other time I used to my order was f'd up and I just drove on w whatever they gave me. After they hand it to me inside I can check my order and quickly get it fixed, instead of parking and going inside anyway to get it fixed...............meat in a biscuit, tortilla, sliced bread,bun etc. is a damn sandwich, just like hard tack is bread. If you've never had a double or triple ham biscuit at Bojangles you've never eaten real man food..............

Doesn't count. Gotta be drive-thru.

Although, to be honest.... I never, ever, go through the drive-thru. Gooseneck trailers usually don't fit, and I have to pull my trailer at all times to justify having my tow mirrors out.
FIFY

Did something change? I've been eating a couple CFA chicken burritos a week for the past 10 years, and haven't noticed a difference.

They took out the peppers and onions and put in hash browns (wtf?!?) about 4 months ago. It is one of those "limited time only at participating locations" deals, which included most of them around me. I keep hoping they go back to the tried and true.

I forgot about Smithfield's Chicken and Barbecue. Good chicken tender sandwiches, pretty decent barbecue sandwiches too.

Duane

In and Out has been my favorite, probably because I'm not from CA and can't get it in NC...

For NC, Smithfields, Cookout, and CFA are about equally manageable at the top of my list.

If I HAVE to eat elsewhere, it's a Bojangles and I get the grilled fillet only. If no Bojangles, then it's Wendy's or maybe Arby's. I will consider Zaxbys. After that, the only edible choice is a very select choice of about 3 things at the Sheets drive thru.

Beyond that, I'll just drink as much water as I can till I'm either not hungry anymore or dead.

They took out the peppers and onions and put in hash browns (wtf?!?) about 4 months ago.
Interesting. They haven't done that around charlotte, but I will usually throw in a few has owns as I go because it makes it more betterer.

Some subways have a drive thru....I like a good sub. Spicy Italian loaded with everything from the other side...oregano and oil/ vinager.
Eat mor chickn is a favorite, but one samich combo leaves me hungry in another hr.
The rest are just hit or miss if nothing else is around. More important are they known decent spots.
Some franchise locations no matter the brand are just plain nasty......BK in Bennettsville SC was the grossest, most unfriendly, nasty place I've ever stepped into. Its a Horry story still told among my family. We were either to tired or to stupid not to walk out food left sitting.....to this day we each ask ourselve wtf??

If we are going biscuts Cajun filet egg and cheese is my favorite from bojangles, also better than any other sandwich to me.
Add bacon to this. It's good.
Also, if driving, it's good on a bun. Less crumbly.

Back