Best rock crawling tire??

MidwayJeremy

Want to start a poll....

What's everyone think the holy grail of rock crawling tires are??

Interco Thornbird hands down!

...Now are you talking this coast that other one or just all around? You're opening a huge can of worms.

40" Sticky Trepador is probably the best but the 43" Sticky SX is pretty awesome too.

If you aren't made of gold then the TSL is probably the best all around tire, but only after you cut the tires. From the factory they are designed as a road tire so you need to open up the tread of off road use.

where is the poll?

sticky Krawlers, hands down, as far as traction goes. All around is a tie between 40" sticky treps and 43" sticky SXs from what ive seen. they all excel in differnt categories. you shoud expand a little more on what youre looking for?

I had a set of 32" BFG MT's and they worked great on rocks, flexed and heated up good, hard to clean out in the mud tho. Just got a set of 36" TSL's, aint had a chance to try them out yet.

From watching rigs at the Flats.... TSL's work pretty good, as do IROK's. I rode with UPNOVER a few weeks ago, he's runnin a new set of SX, not sure if they are stickies, those things were awesome.

At the ECORS race last year at the Flats, there were two tires that made it up the hill in the woods without winching. The trepador and the BFG Krawler. And of course I made it up on a set of BFG KM 2's. Week side wall on the KM2 though

I'm looking for a good "slick rock" tire mainly for creeks and stuff like that....

I've looked into doing 40" LTB in a atena cut style...
I just wanted everyone's opinion I'm not made of gold so can't spend $2500 on tires....

Surprised no one has mentioned PBRs yet

Surprised no one has mentioned PBRs yet

I had a friend ran some 39 PBR and they clogged up with mud and leaves and became slicks you really had to have power to keep them cleaned out....

43 SX stickies best do it all tire in my experience. Never owned another stickies though. Had every TSL offered over the years. Most recently, std Tsl's, SX-II's, and now the stickies; heads above the rest.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

I had a friend ran some 39 PBR and they clogged up with mud and leaves and became slicks you really had to have power to keep them cleaned out....

Very true, they are OK as a mud tire, but for rocks, they stick great.

I'm very partial to the Pit Bull Rockers. I love mine. It takes a little throttle to clean out but we rode The Flats this past weekend in the rain and slime/mud and i went everywhere i wanted to go.

I'm very partial to the Pit Bull Rockers. I love mine. It takes a little throttle to clean out but we rode The Flats this past weekend in the rain and slime/mud and i went everywhere i wanted to go.

I've heard different reviews for the larger sizes (42"+) but I had 39.5s at the Flats and I think they sucked. In the dry rocks they were good at other places but not there.

The sticky treps have outwent other tires that I have been around but who can afford those? The iroc's have always been very impressive and the new sx's are too. The ltb is by far the most non going tire I have ever seen.

The sticky treps have outwent other tires that I have been around but who can afford those? The iroc's have always been very impressive and the new sx's are too. The ltb is by far the most non going tire I have ever seen.

Why do you say LTB is most none going tire?? Do you think a good open cut (atena cut) would help them?

LTB is basically a TSL just made out of softer compound and odd sizes also much more aggressive.....

I've read a lot of threads on LTB vs TSL and mos prefer LTB Bc softer compound, more aggressive, Bettet lateral stability

Back