Best rock crawling tire??

I am mostly commenting on the 47's. They seem to be too stiff and the compound too hard. I have seen it too many times,they just dont go good. The smaller sizes may do better. I have heard that after cutting them helps but. Just watch the videos of some of the big guys running them. They have to usually kill their buggies just to get up something. IMO. I have a Aetna style buggy myself. What size are you wanting to run?

40x16r17 and they will def be Aetna cut for sure!! I don't have a high HP buggy just a stock 4.0L in a XJ on tons

Won't be doing any crazy hillclimbs....just trail and rocks, creeks

This whole thread is kind of funny because there obviously is no "answer", but to choose the irok over the ltb for anything but a 20ft tall powerstroke is straight craziness.

This whole thread is kind of funny because there obviously is no "answer", but to choose the irok over the ltb for anything but a 20ft tall powerstroke is straight craziness.
The answer is the tire that wins the poll. Oh wait...

Why do you say LTB is most none going tire??
LTB is basically a TSL just made out of softer compound and odd sizes also much more aggressive.....

I've read a lot of threads on LTB vs TSL and mos prefer LTB Bc softer compound, more aggressive, Bettet lateral stability
I am mostly commenting on the 47's. They seem to be too stiff and the compound too hard.

I can tell you this. When Rob first had his 47s pre fire, we rode 6 hours at harlan with the valve stems out of the tire and the bitches wouldn't flex. His rig wasn't a pig, but it wsnt a micro-lite either. nd the tires wouldnt heat up at all.

^ This. It all depends on where you wheel and what you do. Heck for a general all around southern truck, I could argue Boggers just because of the much we run into. But if you see a rock they run and hide.

I can tell you this. When Rob first had his 47s pre fire, we rode 6 hours at harlan with the valve stems out of the tire and the bitches wouldn't flex. His rig wasn't a pig, but it wsnt a micro-lite either. nd the tires wouldnt heat up at all.
^ This. It all depends on where you wheel and what you do. Heck for a general all around southern truck, I could argue Boggers just because of the much we run into. But if you see a rock they run and hide.
Never had a problem with boggers in the rocks on brets.ol cherokee buggy, they did damn good actually

How about Mickey MTZ's? Anyone had any experience with these?

The Holy Grail of rock crawling tires? Its hands down the sticky treps as your name has to be Jesus to be able to get a set from Maxxis....

I'll have roughly 2k to spend on 42s what does everyone suggest?

I like the way PBRs look and the reviews look great BUT I've seen one jeep with them and it was EPIC FAIL he couldn't go anywhere with 39s that others were going on 32"

I haven't been able to find anyone with TSLs everyone says Backorder.....

I'll have roughly 2k to spend on 42s what does everyone suggest?

I like the way PBRs look and the reviews look great BUT I've seen one jeep with them and it was EPIC FAIL he couldn't go anywhere with 39s that others were going on 32"

I haven't been able to find anyone with TSLs everyone says Backorder.....

don't do it. PBRs are probably awesome out west but that was not my experience. When everything is dry they hook up nicely. I have heard you can cut the "texas" lugs out of them they really have some good bite but I'm not a fan of cutting $2k worth of tires out the box.

I ran 39.5"s and they blew nuts. I heard the 42s and up are better but I'm not sold on it. I ran 42 IROKs and I loved them. Might look at SXs too. For east terrain it's hard to beat Interco tires.

Back