Best tow rig tire

I've always been a fan of the BFG A/T. They worked well on my F250 and I'd buy them again. But, for a 99% highway rig, I'd likely steer away from an AT unless you want that "look".

BFG A/Ts were a MAJOR contributor to death wobble on my Ram 3500 single wheel, albeit I'm talking about the load range D flavor that the PO installed.

If you like them, buy the correct ones.

I have the cooper AT3 on my f250 there very quite and ride great and they did great in the snow/ ice and they where way cheaper than any of the other tires I looked at

BFG A/Ts were a MAJOR contributor to death wobble on my Ram 3500 single wheel, albeit I'm talking about the load range D flavor that the PO installed.

If you like them, buy the correct ones.

We (meaning my close friends and I) have had terrible results from BFG A/Ts under our Dodges. Even when running load range E's. They don't last at all under a Dodge for some reason. We've had sets wear out in under 20K with just normal driving. I will never run them again under a tow rig.

Thanks to my ambition for acceleration (linear and centripetal) I'm hard on tires, so I consider 20k miles pretty good. My current Dick Cepek FC-II's have been very impressive as far as wear, noise, and traction, plus they look good. I'm at about 15k miles on them, and they are still at about 60% tread. With the LTX M/S and the Baja MTZ's I had on before, my truck was very quick to spin the tires anywhere in 1st, 2nd, and most of 3rd gear. Now, it won't spin em in 3rd unless its wet, and they hook up before it gets out of second. Do you know where I can find a good deal on a built Allison trans?

Yeah the AT/2s dropped the weight a smidge.

Think they are 3550 or 3600 now too lazy to look

Nope. They don't have anything in 17" rated that high. Best is 3195# - a 121 R tire. The only 126 Rs are in 16"

We (meaning my close friends and I) have had terrible results from BFG A/Ts under our Dodges. Even when running load range E's.

The only difference between "D" rated tires and "E" rated tires is the maximum operating pressure. If the tire is rated to carry 3195#, it gets a load index of 121, regardless of the pressure.

I've had Michelin ltx ms and bfg ats on my 03 2500hd. the michelins ride like quiet and smooth, two sets got about 60k each. no complaints. the bfgs are noticeably louder but not bad, look great and don't spin in the dirt/grass/snow. i haven't had them long enough to give a mileage report yet. I think it all depends on what you want or need, driving conditions, and budget.

Those are some nice Falken tires. Do they ride Falken nice? Bad about throwing Falken rocks?

Half an inch taller than a 315/70-17 and a little wider.

I'm very bias when it comes to street/tow tires. Ill stand by a Michelin any day. With that being said I have had a great experience with the nitto dura grapplers. I had terafrapplers and they didn't seem to last very long on my f150 but the dura grapplers lasted 60k+

My BFG AT's didn't last nearly as long as I expected (25-30k miles) on my 2500 Dodge CTD. The truck is stock and I drive it like an old man too. I've got Nitto Terragrapplers on it now, but I only drive the truck about once a week.

We (meaning my close friends and I) have had terrible results from BFG A/Ts under our Dodges. Even when running load range E's. They don't last at all under a Dodge for some reason. We've had sets wear out in under 20K with just normal driving. I will never run them again under a tow rig.

This was exactly the same experience I had. Mine were load range E too. I will not buy them again for a tow rig.

Dura grapplers are damn good

Michelin isn't the same rubber it used to be , youd be lucky to get 50k outta a 90k tire from them these days.

Bfg it comes down to where it was made , if you get mexican or Canadian factory bfg the mileage seems to.be a lot less

The USA made bfg at seems to get the best milage in a load range e 50k or so on avg

Doesn't Michelin own BFG?

I've had Michelin ltx ms and bfg ats on my 03 2500hd. the michelins ride like quiet and smooth, two sets got about 60k each. no complaints. the bfgs are noticeably louder but not bad, look great and don't spin in the dirt/grass/snow. i haven't had them long enough to give a mileage report yet. I think it all depends on what you want or need, driving conditions, and budget.
I was recommended these. I put some used Michelin M/S tires on my 2500 suburban 4wd and love them. I will buy new ones if I need to replace these. Wear really well. Nothing aggressive but I don't see the point in agressive tires on a tow vehicle.

Michelin isn't the same rubber it used to be , youd be lucky to get 50k outta a 90k tire from them these days.

Ive put 32k on a set I bought back during the summer and they dont look used yet

Back