Buggy attempt #17...

PrOgress...got some A-arms tacked up...looking at a WMS-WMS of about 72"ish...but...with highly backspaced wheels (H2's for now) I'm still looking at a track width of around 80"...which is still less than alot of full width guys...

Starting to see what I'm going for...
anc4x4_com_forums_attachment_php_b188e2dd9588da9f7d44c3b3e1e560ec._.jpg

Hey look...it's Reed...get to work...That's at about 10" of up travel at the wheel...it'll be limited at 8" up and 8" down...
anc4x4_com_forums_attachment_php_aa50ed7c72cf59939bb684088f8b4525._.jpg

...and I also figured out my short term front axle shaft delima...but I'll get into that more later...

Attachments

• indy2.jpg
    indy2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 981
  • indy1.jpg
    indy1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,035
What sort of steering set-up are you going to use? Seems that you wouldn't be able to run hydro if you wanted.

Alright guys...I just sent a link to this thread for my studio professor to check out my progress from time to time...lets keep this thread clean and respectable from now on...(I know, I know, it's going to be hard:flipoff2:)

:flipoff2: is respectable right?

If you were cool you would build the whole buggy in Katherine Harper :lol: . I will be up in a week or 2 to check on the progress/give you crap.

why not use 2 single ended rams.. it would keep your power the same in both directions, and also allow for some cool adjustments, and could possibly move 1/2 to unsprung weight..

edit: oh ya.... very cool project!!

why not use 2 single ended rams.. it would keep your power the same in both directions, and also allow for some cool adjustments, and could possibly move 1/2 to unsprung weight..

I thought about that...I don't know about having a hydraulic line for a 'tie-rod' though. I'm already going to have a bit of play in the polly bushings I'd imagine and don't know if I want anymore slop (from the line/fluid expanding contracting)...although...I don't really know if it'd be noticeable at the wheel...

In this car i'm shooting for low unsprung weight for the woops man:driver:

edit: oh ya.... very cool project!!
Thanks.

Damn dude, those are nice pics....what kinda camera you using? :flipoff2:

Those risers are some nice peices of fabrication as well, the dude that made those must be some kinda stud...

So I am sure I'm just not seeing it right, but where is there room for an axleshaft to go through that knuckle?

So that lower Jimmy Joint looks pretty freakin' close to that axle shaft right?...
Well don't you worry...I'll take care of that...
Before's on left...After's on right...
anc4x4_com_forums_attachment_php_97ab7fa2a334a31bdd3ad9de4b2b3611._.jpg

anc4x4_com_forums_attachment_php_c96125cb3c3fdfc0a08308fda2ddb1f9._.jpg

I just dont know about all that single sheer. :flipoff2:

haha yea..Will builds buggies and drinks beer, I play the darts.. we took some mock up pics with an axle shaft in there to show the clearances.... they are on my phone I'll post them later.

Get your own hot girlfriends.

I'll be up there starting the first week in July. If you need another hand on this project, lemme know :lol:
If you don't mind holding things and handing me things then sure, I might take you up on that offer. But there prolly won't be much fabrication to be done, as I have a hard enough time trying to figure it out myself much less trying to explain what I want done. And don't expect to learn anything. I'm not a very good teacher...i just point at things and yell and call people names when they're not doing it right...

Progress:
Trying to figure out steering setups...looks like the 2 SE rams might be the ticket if I can overcome the inherent problems...

Check out an old Jaguar. They had independent rear suspension with a 9". Same for the Carroll Shelby Cobra. The original ones.

Good luck with the build.

ASU alumni 1987

Back