Buggy Trailer

kc4x4 said:
REREAD very 1st post!!!! LOL!!! That is who has given me the best price. KC

Whoops, missed that. The trailer was well built, the wireing was less then desirable. Rich and I had to go and rewire parts, bad grounds all over it.

Not sure of the advantage of such a short trailer? If it saves you 2 MPG that woulds = 6 cents a mile savings, which means if the trailer cost you $1000 more that a conventional 18' dual axle trailer, you would have to tow it 16,000 mile to recoup the difference. On top of that it will really limit the versitility (sp) of using it. We just got back from Moab and at a 4000 mile round trip, you would save $240. (I hope my math is right ) Just my 2 cents :driver:

Steve

89wrangler said:
Not sure of the advantage of such a short trailer? If it saves you 2 MPG that woulds = 6 cents a mile savings, which means if the trailer cost you $1000 more that a conventional 18' dual axle trailer, you would have to tow it 16,000 mile to recoup the difference. On top of that it will really limit the versitility (sp) of using it. We just got back from Moab and at a 4000 mile round trip, you would save $240. (I hope my math is right ) Just my 2 cents :driver:
Steve
Or is that 6 cents?

I get worried about people who insist on towing a vehicle of any kind with a single axle trailer. If you have a blowout with a single axle trailer, the load will shift immediately and will probably cause you to fishtail and lose control of the whole rig. You could have the best braking system in the world and it won't help you there. Better hope you have a really good set of chains or straps holding the rig to the trailer or it will all be passing you by. With a dual axle trailer, you at least have the other tire which will carry the load until you can get the tow rig and trailer stopped. Just seems safer for long distance towing to me.

Matt

ManglerYJ said:
I get worried about people who insist on towing a vehicle of any kind with a single axle trailer. If you have a blowout with a single axle trailer, the load will shift immediately and will probably cause you to fishtail and lose control of the whole rig. You could have the best braking system in the world and it won't help you there. Better hope you have a really good set of chains or straps holding the rig to the trailer or it will all be passing you by. With a dual axle trailer, you at least have the other tire which will carry the load until you can get the tow rig and trailer stopped. Just seems safer for long distance towing to me.
Matt

Read the post-dual tires.

rockmafia said:
Read the post-dual tires.

I read the original post, and it appeared that the conversation was turning toward someone using a single wheel axle, thus why I made my point. With the dually tire setup, if one blows out, the other carries the weight until stopped.

I feel pretty strongly that if what you are pulling ON the trailer has 4 tires on the ground, then the trailer you are pulling it on should as well.

Back