Camper top, truck topper, truck cap brands?

GONOVRIT

blue collar brotherhood
I'm looking for a camper top(call it what you want) and I need help finding different brands because I'm not finding exactly what I'm looking for. Other than Century, ARE and Leer what else is out there?

Check your AARP magazine, there should be ads for them :flipoff2:

Ya mean you're not going to buy a poorly fitting, mismatched one off of CL because the "price was right"?
I'm clearly not that guy, lol. Although I did score one off this site for the last truck that I want a nicer replica of and had less than $500 in it after paint.

You looking just for a camper shell or a work truck camper shell? SnugTop and SnugPro has the best looking in my opinion, pricey though

image.jpg

Mine is an ARE and I ordered it with Yakima roof rack. It also has a hinged front window so you can open it to clean it and the rear truck window. At first I thought that would be a waste, but it is actually a nice feature.

You looking just for a camper shell or a work truck camper shell? SnugTop and SnugPro has the best looking in my opinion, pricey though

Camper shell, probably mid rise with contractor style windows.

I use my truck too much to haul stuff (dirtbikes too) to be married to a hard shell...so I went soft

snow2.jpg 00020151120_120122.jpg snow3.jpg
Unzip the back window, remove the sides and it's a shade you can access from all sides, or fold it down and you can haul anything you want (my case dirtbikes)

This one is a Bestop Supertop for trucks but I also considered a Softopper. Same concept

awww.truckcandy.com_TC_Softopper_Images_Softopper.gif

I just wanted windows.

I'm surprised how waterproof this thing is

Ya mean you're not going to buy a poorly fitting, mismatched one off of CL because the "price was right"?
What's wrong with poorly fitting CL find? It's no different than buying a new top from a dealer. Just find one from the same model and have it painted.
IMG_20150627_171544163.jpg

Buy a new one if you want to, but daddy always said it's not how much money you make but how much you keep that counts!

I use my truck too much to haul stuff (dirtbikes too) to be married to a hard shell...so I went soft

View attachment 202105 View attachment 202030 View attachment 202106
Unzip the back window, remove the sides and it's a shade you can access from all sides, or fold it down and you can haul anything you want (my case dirtbikes)

This one is a Bestop Supertop for trucks but I also considered a Softopper. Same concept

View attachment 202107

I just wanted windows.

I'm surprised how waterproof this thing is
Do those tops make much noise at high way speeds?

Finding tops on Craig's list, IWANNA, and even facebook isn't too difficult, finding the one that fits, different story. I see them as low as $50 sometimes. My son got one for his truck, exact fit, but wrong color(red truck, black top) for $100. So if not in a hurry, do searches on the sites and ya might find one like you want, for a deal.

None at all. I can't speak for the softtopper but the Bestop one I have allows you to adjust the tightness. I've got mine set in the middle and at 80mph it looks like a rigid top. No buffeting, flexing, flapping, no indication at ALL that it's a soft top

Ordered an ARE today EXACTLY as I wanted. Gaston Auto Glass in Gastonia was able to give me a great deal as they were having a sale and there were coupons available. I priced out 3 different tops and this came out the cheapest with all the options I had on it.

I have a softopper for my Tundra and love it. Most of the time it is off and hanging in my shop. When I need it, I can put it on by myself in a couple minutes. Nice to camp with too. I have spent a few nights in my truck bed. Not 100% waterproof, but it is still better than a tent.

Nothing at all wrong with CL. I was more referring to buying a grey Dodge topper and putting it on your green Ford. Then not painting it. Because that's the NC4x4 way.
Ooh, you mean like this!

IMG_20151124_103645463_HDR.jpg

Has anyone else seen that one topper in Winston where the guy has grafted half of a canoe onto the top to gain more room? The top is white-ish and the half canoe is green. Haven't been able to grab a pic yet

Did you buy a new truck?

Back