catalytic converter?

78cj5Guy

Anyone on here I can pay to gut my catalytic converters 03 chevy avalanche 1500 Z71 1 is going bad so just want to gut them because new once are $500

Attachments

• IMG_1040.PNG
    IMG_1040.PNG
    189.3 KB · Views: 175
Public forum.

Violators are subject to civil penalties up to $37,500 per noncompliant vehicle or engine, $3,750 per tampering event or sale of defeat device, and $37,500 per day for reporting and recordkeeping violations. 42 U.S.C. § 7524; 40 C.F.R. § 19.4. The EPA often uses the Mobile Source Civil Penalty Policy to arrive at an appropriate civil penalty for vehicle and engine enforcement settlements.

Copied from Clean Air Act Vehicle and Engine Enforcement Case Resolutions | Enforcement | US EPA

increasing exhaust flow on a stock engine (bigger piping, straight pipe, headers) is all pointless unless you are also increasing air input with a cam, turbo, supercharger, etc.

your goal for a "high flow" is fruitless. if it is clogged just replace with a universal and stay legal.

increasing exhaust flow on a stock engine (bigger piping, straight pipe, headers) is all pointless unless you are also increasing air input with a cam, turbo, supercharger, etc.

your goal for a "high flow" is fruitless. if it is clogged just replace with a universal and stay legal.
That depends what kind of sticker it comes with.

Cadillac convertible?

Ok will see what I can find then I was trying to spend as little as I could it's my wife's truck my jeep is broke right now so we are sharing it

Attachments

• IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
I did some experiments back in the late nineties with my very modded 94 z28. I created a flanged fore and aft mount for my cat and made a test pipe with the same flanges. This car ran mid 7s in the eighth which was pretty quick back then for an LT1 car.

There was on average, over the course of several sessions of switching back and forth, less than 1/2 a tenth difference. On a stock veh, it would be zero.

This was a stock GM cat, not a "hi-flow" model.

What makes you think anything is wrong with current cats?

What are you going to do about legality and liability for any shop to remove or gut them?

What are you going to do about inspections?

What are you going to do about the check engine light that will light with cat removal?

If you really want to spend as little as possible, just run it or fix it yourself. I've only ever seen a few converters melt and I'm pretty sure they were dumping fuel in the intake. P0420 below efficiency code simply means it's not doing a good enough job filtering emissions, not that it's hurting performance in most cases.

What makes you think anything is wrong with current cats?

What are you going to do about legality and liability for any shop to remove or gut them?

What are you going to do about inspections?

What are you going to do about the check engine light that will light with cat removal?

1 is rattling

And for inspiration I got a few people who will pass it with no cats

Back