Check your Auto Insurance Rates, folks.

Those of you who have/had State Farm, do you also have other insurance with them? Homeowners or other?

I use State Farm exclusively but would be very interested in others. I pay a lot of insurance and Bri and I have perfect driving records; neither of us have ever had a point on our license.
State Farm is shit. My wife had her car and house with the for 20 years. She had 3 claims on her car in 2 years and the cancelled it all. First claim was a windshield, second was a truck ran over a pallet in front of her which sent wood into her front end. Third is a deer into her door. Deer lived. Her agent tried to reason with the on the house but they said no. I had a similar experience. I will bash them any chance I get. They are shit company, which most instance companies are, but imho they are the worse.

I had a tree fall on a house I owned and cause 15k in damages insured by State Farm. I was friends with the agent but my claim was denied because they claim lightning most likely struck the tree and that’s an “act of God” literally the excuse they used to not honor the claim. I had moved away for work and was just renting to a college kid so I had to let the house go since I didn’t have 15k and wasn’t going to keep paying on a house I couldn’t rent or sell

Surely this is only the bare minimum liability

Yes. Liability and roadside assistance. And to be fair, the vehicles are older. 11, 07, 94, 94, 78, and none of them are worth much really.

And I have been pleased with the service from Geico for the most part. Weve had 3 actual claims with them, and all 3 have been handled smoothly and relatively quickly. This last one, I had to put some pressure on them, but it wasnt really their fault. Other guy ghosted them and held things up. Even so, less than a week to settle things and cut us the checks.

Last edited:
I had a tree fall on a house I owned and cause 15k in damages insured by State Farm. I was friends with the agent but my claim was denied because they claim lightning most likely struck the tree and that’s an “act of God” literally the excuse they used to not honor the claim. I had moved away for work and was just renting to a college kid so I had to let the house go since I didn’t have 15k and wasn’t going to keep paying on a house I couldn’t rent or sell

That’s crap.

I haven’t had any claims on homeowners yet for the 20+ years I’ve used them but I have had a few on vehicles; mostly deer and windshields. I won’t let the wife make claims on her car when she backs into a mailbox or tree because I don’t want the rate hike. We have recently within the last year had 3 windshield claims. They say it’s not supposed to affect your rate, but we’ll see.

I've got GEICO since this fall, working well so far.

Just sold my 2022 RAM and downgraded to a bare-arse model 2018 Express RAM and saved $320 a year. (DAVE RAMSEY BOYZZZZZ!)

Meh, I was hoping for more.

And even with all the close calls I've had since I traded Sat, I've managed to not be in a wreck and test out my insurance.

Made the switch to Progressive last night. We will see how this goes. I gave my State Farm agent 2 opportunities to requote or lower the bill, and he did nothing. Went from $119/month with 3 vehicles and collision on one, to $77 month with collision on the van and my car. And because I had a new windshield put in my car back in February and clicked the "see if my insurance covers it" button when doing the quote request, I have an "open" claim on insurance which made it go up $6/month (would have been $71/month instead of $77), even though it was not filed through State Farm and I paid for it out of pocket. So hell with State Farm.

Progressive- 2013 Lexus Comp/Liability- $385/yr
Haggerty- 2001 Excursion Comp/Liability insured for $25k and i keep the truck- $516/yr
Fawk Farm Bureau but if you have 10 acres and can get farm rates you will love them.

Farm Bureau may not be the cheapest, but I've had to make a few claims and they haven't given me a single bit of kickback about paying out to fix things, pay a tow bill, or replace a windshield. I also have my homeowners with them, have 4 trucks/big trailer on my auto policy, and pay it every six months.

I handled a claim for a friend who was dealing with cancer and had Geico. Hit a deer. I went ahead and had my buddy at the body shop draw up a quote. About 1500 bucks, not terrible. Geico's response was "our guys say you can fix it for about 750, minus the deductible, so here's 257 bucks...have a good day".

Point being, sometimes there's a reason some companies are the cheapest and it's literally because they're the cheapest one.

I agree with "Fawk State Farm". They should pay me, truthfully. My name is Jake, for those of you that don't know 🙄

Back