Cherokee issue

I have not had a chance to test anything yet, I will be doing that tomorrow. I need to find me a AC recharging hose for 134, same size schrader valve (sp) and I can hook up the fuel gauge, run it thru the hood and keep an eye on fuel pressure while driving. I'll also hook my scan tool up and see what happens. And try tapping the CPS. I'll update tomorrow with what I find.

Rob,
I have a extra 134 hose but it is the cheep type used with the recharg kit so it is about 12" long if you want it just come buy and get it

Too short, thanks Carl. Plus I'll need to cut one end off. I'll pick up one today, as soon as I can find a place in Raliegh that will have one.

Rob are you sure it is the sam as a 134 valve . I have not looked at my XJ but all of the valves I have seen on most cars are like a R12 and not the larger r134

I figured it out. Let you know how it works out. I'm not sure Carl, it might be R12, but I'm just going to splice a regular fuel hose in between the fitting and gauge. That should work for my testing purposes.

Better use high pressure hose, dude...

Pinkston said:
My dodge did the same thing to me when I had a Jet Chip in it. Does she have any kind of power chip and/or programer? My truck would just cut off cruising down the road. I would pull over, wait a second and then it would start right up. I got rid of the chip and have not had a problem since.

We had that happen with a 95 ram but with no chip. It too was the pump.

Good news is my test gauge works great, bad news is the Cherokee is now sitting on 421, broke down. Anyone want to buy a Cherokee cheap? :mad:

GO pick it back up!

Ok, the Park Neutral switch is bad, reasoning, the wife told me that sometimes she has to wiggle the shifter to get the jeep to start. So I have to wait until I can get the part from the dealer to fix this issue before chasing down the other.

Taking it apart and cleaning it did the trick. Re-installed and the jeep starts in both park and neutral again. Now it won't idle. Starts great, runs when you give it gas, dies when you let off gas. No codes being thrown. over 40lbs of fuel pressure to the rail. CPS tests ok, per the manual.

Never unhooked the battery, but it did die while testing. It's charging now, But like I said, I can get it to run, can't get it to idle. Park/neutral switch shouldn'g cause that, all it does are backup lights and let's it start in park and neutral.

Throttle Position Sensor *should* throw a code, but damn..

Bad tank of go juice? clogged fuel filter/injectors?

I'm leaning towards the fuel filter. Just not 100% sure yet. Right now we're talking about taking the Cherokee off of daily driving and making it off road only like my jeep, get her a more reliable DD that's better on gas.

6 vehicles on one policy now? :lol:

I have had the no idle problem about 4 times. Try to keep the rpm's around 1500 to 2000 it my take up to 5min but your computer is trying to catch up..Hope it works out for you.

Back