Cl find of the day

My Dad has a red 69 with the 428 Cobra Jet instead of the 390. Beautiful cars.

I rode shotgun in a 68 CJ Mustang a few times when I was 16 and still remember the sound and the speed. I tried to buy a 67 289 GT Fairlane that was sitting in a field off hwy 55 near Apex but the old man would not sell it, just let it rot in the weeds for years afterward :shaking:.

I rode shotgun in a 68 CJ Mustang a few times when I was 16 and still remember the sound and the speed. I tried to buy a 67 289 GT Fairlane that was sitting in a field off hwy 55 near Apex but the old man would not sell it, just let it rot in the weeds for years afterward :shaking:.
That's a shame for a hot rod to waste away. Especially a fairlane. My dad's working on a similar body style car as we speak. It's either a 66 or a 68 mercury comet cyclone. Looks like a fairlane but with a 289 and 3 on the tree. Kind of a different build.

image.png

Forgot I had a picture of it. Here's Pops at the Good Guys Car Show in Charlotte.
69 Fairlane
428 Cobra Jet
Massive cam and loud pipes. It'll make you smile driving it, riding shotgun, or just watching it go buy. He's driven it several hours to the beach and back. It's a cruiser.

You should post that up in the hotrod thread if you haven't already. I ought to update it myself

Mmmmm Doritos, my favorite! :bounce2:

I bet he has half that in body work. If you look closely there are no door or tailgate handles, no drip rails, all chrome trim holes plugged, etc. yes it's priced high but he has a lot invested in just the body work
Yeah I noticed all that but the question is how was it done?? Did they take their time and weld it all up and only apply a min amount of bondo to finish it or did he pop rivet a piece of metal in it and lay the bondo to it.Ive been around a lot of custom trucks and Im always leary of any truck that's had that much body work done to it.

cougar.jpg

1985 my hotrod 67Cougar 289/trw10.5, solid cam,highrise,toploader,ramrod,etc..... smashed by a logtruck while parked infront of the house. We cleared the driveway cause Dad bought a shitload of firewood to be dumped off, the guy stopped up the hill looking for our house and the truck rolled down and hit my dads F150, my Cougar was sandwiched into my sisters 72 Nova 4 door.......insurance paid $600 for the bashed front/rear I never fixed. I drove it for a few more years and sold the body/Cragar SSs. I kept the drive train for decades and sold it to a famous member a few years ago. The GT Fairlane was also a 4 speed and I was hoping to swap my wheels and motor into it while I rebuilt the GT 289. This pic was after I parked it on the side of the road and it rained all day, took about 20 mins. but I got it back on the pavement.

Yeah I noticed all that but the question is how was it done?? Did they take their time and weld it all up and only apply a min amount of bondo to finish it or did he pop rivet a piece of metal in it and lay the bondo to it.Ive been around a lot of custom trucks and Im always leary of any truck that's had that much body work done to it.

Yep this is true. Didn't think about that

That's a beautiful '69 fairlane. First car I had was a '69. Would love to have another, but most of them went to the crusher since they didn't have the following like alot of other cars. Second car was a '66 comet so would love to see that build too.

That's a beautiful '69 fairlane. First car I had was a '69. Would love to have another, but most of them went to the crusher since they didn't have the following like alot of other cars. Second car was a '66 comet so would love to see that build too.
The comet has a long way to go. We've got it running and we're almost done with the brakes. Now there's about 1million ankle biters to button up. Mainly cosmetic stuff. I'll post up some pictures if i get a chance.

1968 BUICK RIVIERA ONE OF A KIND CLASSIC
cool car, all it needs is a Batmobile license plate on the front . I can't remember the last time I saw a 68 Riviera ?
There was a kid my son went to school w that had a green one.Pretty cool car but Im sure it got lost in all the tuner cars and the diesel ricer wanna bes it was parked beside.

Back