C'mon you apes, do you wanna READ forever?!

Well, my short story didn't make the cut.

But I learned a few things, such as 'take more time' and 'use more words'. I wrote it in like 4 days and final drafted it hours before it was due. And I used 5,2xx words of the 8,000 words allowed. My story needed that time to review and word count to flesh out better.

And I've spent the last three weeks or so kicking myself for how I could have made it better.

Anywho. I'll put it up on my blog tonight or tomorrow. (Easter Bunny's a coming tonight!)

As for Book 5. It's going great actually. Daughter is doing a bit better, and I've been able to get some writing in at night. I just hit 70k words, and I still have the final battle to do. Which is pretty flippin' cool. I realized I've done the 'big battle' thing for a bunch of my books. Which is okay, but they are always from the point of the guy in the fort/camp/town/whatever.

This time it's going to be from the lead character's point of view in a cavalry charge of Vikings riding triceratops. Blood, guts, and horns.

Cool!
Easter Bunny brought book 4 to my house, kids are stoked.

I never thought I'd be writing 'Young Adult' stuff, but I love it. One of the first readers for my books was my nephew who was 13 at the time. He told me it was the greatest thing he'd ever read.

Which, for a public educated kid is probably very true.

I don't know what 13 year olds read these days, but I speculate it's somewhere between Clifford the Big Red Dog and The Scarlett Letter A. And I've never been impressed with -anything- I was forced to read in school.

School tends to beat the love of reading out of you. :(

Conquering Prehistoric will be finished this week. (Probably tonight... but I'm being cautious...)

Other than @JSJJ388, who wants to read an advanced copy and give me some feedback/catch some errors before I final edit it and turn it in? Respond here or shoot me a PM with your email, or whatever.

Here's the sucky back blurb that I'm not happy with, but is the best I've come up with so far:

His adopted name is Cato Landry.

But everyone calls him The Black Plague.

From the tamed East to the prehistoric frontier of the New West, his guns have protected railroad tycoon Reydan White for decades.

But with his employer now dead at the hands of his brother, he’s set loose in a world that needs men of his particular skill set.

Because as civilization clashes against civilization in bloody battle, winners rise and fall.

And in this strange world, sometimes men are the greatest danger of all.

One civilization will conquer.

One will fall.

And it looks to be The Black Plague’s guns that will decide the outcome.

Conquering Prehistoric will be finished this week. (Probably tonight... but I'm being cautious...)

Other than @JSJJ388, who wants to read an advanced copy and give me some feedback/catch some errors before I final edit it and turn it in? Respond here or shoot me a PM with your email, or whatever.

Here's the sucky back blurb that I'm not happy with, but is the best I've come up with so far:

From the tamed East to the prehistoric frontier of the New West, his guns have protected railroad tycoon Reydan White for decades.

But with his employer now dead at the hands of his brother, he’s set loose in a world that needs men of his particular skill set.

Because as civilization clashes against civilization in bloody battle, winners rise and fall.

One will fall.

I can think of at least one person in my house interested (and can get through it quickly)... but she also has to write reviews of the other books for writing assignments this week.

One will fall.

Get it to me tonight, and I can probably have the markups back to you by Wednesday lol.

I would love to read it, if you don't mind a dumb rednecks opinion on it.
He's already got one dumb redneck on the list lol, sure he wouldn't mind another!

Back