C'mon you apes, do you wanna READ forever?!

What series were they? Any good? I'm always looking for more reading material.
Meh... both were Mike Kraus "co-authored". Aside from LONG AS F, neither worth a mention (unless you can overlook "Marine-centric" with 99.9% made up shat? 🙄).

LOVED #4 and eagerly awaiting #5-10!
AND *anything* "WWII Sea Monster/Pacific Island/Marine Corps/Flame Thrower" 😎

Just hit 50 reviews within one month - that's nuts. Typically it takes me 6 to 8 months to get that.

335846125_8694839660590317_5058254694470827293_n.jpg

You guys are awesome. Thank you so much, I feel like I'm hitting these cool new milestones constantly with this latest release. (Such as Still #1 New Release!)

101 reviews in 96 days!
348459781_1656933754775056_6086810070622960368_n.jpg

And my highest rating yet at 4.7/5. (All my other books are 4.6/5)

Pretty kewl.

Also, I pinged the publisher, waiting on the narrator to get the audible done. No ETA yet.

One day, I'll be a big time author and the audible will come out the same day as my ebook/paperback. :)

What else....

I'm still working on Cato's book. It's kind of neat to write from a different point of view, especially a black gunman who suffers from Stockholm syndrome going exploring/conquesting with a bunch of Vikings.

As of my last royalty check - West of Prehistoric has over 1 MILLION electronic pages read through Kindle.

That's ballin' for a book that's only around 245 pages total.

Okay, well, I just did the math. It's like 4,000+ read throughs. Not as impressive sounding that way.

But a nice feat for a rookie, nobody author who still hasn't gotten a big movie deal. -insert inappropriate Team America quote here-

As of my last royalty check - West of Prehistoric has over 1 MILLION electronic pages read through Kindle.

That's ballin' for a book that's only around 245 pages total.

Okay, well, I just did the math. It's like 4,000+ read throughs. Not as impressive sounding that way.

But a nice feat for a rookie, nobody author who still hasn't gotten a big movie deal. -insert inappropriate Team America quote here-

So when do I get my next fix? Im tired of waiting lol.

I'm still hurting for a title, but the book itself is coming along nicely.

Expect end of year again. :)
Ugh. Guess I have no choice but to wait on years end...... :cool:

Conquering Prehistoric

That's it. That's the title for Book Five.

Now I just gotta finish it.

Oh, and all you Land of the Lost lovers should really enjoy this one.

91qyHnPQyYL._RI_.jpg

Need a copy, asap:D

Good news and bad news time.

Bad news first.

Conquering Prehistoric has been shelved for the time being. The publisher wanted me to wrap the series up with Book 5 and diversify my writing portfolio by doing some other books/series. But, unfortunately, I can't wrap it up on Conquering Prehistoric... because this book sets up a lot of possibilities for future books. And I'm not going to write the book and then leave readers hanging indefinitely as I work on some other stuff.

Which sucks. I know. I've spent 8 months working on it and it was turning out really cool.

And I've nothing else on the horizon with my current publisher. No contracts or anything as we were going one book at a time.

Good news now.

Last night I signed a five book, two series deal with a new publisher.

The first series/two books will be the WWII/Pacific Island/US Marines/Sea Monsters that I've been wanting to write about since forever. The first book outline is done and I've about 10,000 words already on it. This was picked up on the condition that it not be a stand alone book, so it's being extended into a minimum of two books. I've already got some good notes on what I want to do with the second book in that series.

The second series, I'm keeping the more intimate details under my hat for now. But basically, imagine the Indiana Jones and the Expendables movies having a baby. A violent, archeological, adventurous baby seeking out holy relics of Christ. This is a minimum three book series, with a LOT of possibility.

TL;DR..

I'm temporarily hanging up my spurs and picking up my flame thrower.

Good news and bad news time.

Bad news first.

Conquering Prehistoric has been shelved for the time being. The publisher wanted me to wrap the series up with Book 5 and diversify my writing portfolio by doing some other books/series. But, unfortunately, I can't wrap it up on Conquering Prehistoric... because this book sets up a lot of possibilities for future books. And I'm not going to write the book and then leave readers hanging indefinitely as I work on some other stuff.

Which sucks. I know. I've spent 8 months working on it and it was turning out really cool.

And I've nothing else on the horizon with my current publisher. No contracts or anything as we were going one book at a time.

Good news now.

Last night I signed a five book, two series deal with a new publisher.

The first series/two books will be the WWII/Pacific Island/US Marines/Sea Monsters that I've been wanting to write about since forever. The first book outline is done and I've about 10,000 words already on it. This was picked up on the condition that it not be a stand alone book, so it's being extended into a minimum of two books. I've already got some good notes on what I want to do with the second book in that series.

The second series, I'm keeping the more intimate details under my hat for now. But basically, imagine the Indiana Jones and the Expendables movies having a baby. A violent, archeological, adventurous baby seeking out holy relics of Christ. This is a minimum three book series, with a LOT of possibility.

TL;DR..

I'm temporarily hanging up my spurs and picking up my flame thrower.
Im still just waiting on my next draft in the west of prehistoric series :D

But seriously, congratulations man. Thats a huge deal!

My staff consists of my (now) 16 year old who tells me what dinosaurs I should include on an a weekly basis. I pay him with chicken nuggets.

Of course I need a proof reader. :)

Great. Can't wait then!

Well, I wrote 16,000 words in Nov.

That's a new high score for me. (Goal is a minimum of 70,000 words per book. I try for 100,000 but it ends where it ends.)

With the PTO I have to burn before the end of the year, I might even finish the book before New Years!

And I absolutely could not have done it without improvements in my daughters health. (She suffers from PANS/PANDAS - which is an neurological autoimmune disorder that took four years to diagnose.) We are about a month into treatments of heavy antibiotics and it's made a big difference. With luck, she'll start school again next Monday. She's been out since January. We still have a long way to go, but we are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you all for your prayers!

Well, I wrote 16,000 words in Nov.

That's a new high score for me. (Goal is a minimum of 70,000 words per book. I try for 100,000 but it ends where it ends.)

With the PTO I have to burn before the end of the year, I might even finish the book before New Years!

And I absolutely could not have done it without improvements in my daughters health. (She suffers from PANS/PANDAS - which is an neurological autoimmune disorder that took four years to diagnose.) We are about a month into treatments of heavy antibiotics and it's made a big difference. With luck, she'll start school again next Monday. She's been out since January. We still have a long way to go, but we are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you all for your prayers!
Can't wait. Glad your daughter is improving. Look forward to proofreading it!

Book Four is out on audible... finally.

1702563021844.png

It sucks that we've had to bounce around with narrators. But this one I can personally vouch for... he was the best man at my wedding.

And I promised him honest feedback as he wants to go into this as a nice side gig. (Dude even built a recording studio in his house.)

Let me know whatcha think.

Oh, and Book 5 is still powering forward. Goal is to have it in you proof readers grubby hands by end of the year. So you can sip your bubbly and read it :)

Book Four is out on audible... finally.

View attachment 408616

It sucks that we've had to bounce around with narrators. But this one I can personally vouch for... he was the best man at my wedding.

And I promised him honest feedback as he wants to go into this as a nice side gig. (Dude even built a recording studio in his house.)

Let me know whatcha think.

Oh, and Book 5 is still powering forward. Goal is to have it in you proof readers grubby hands by end of the year. So you can sip your bubbly and read it :)

Looking forward to it!

Back