Cool supra

marty79

Had the pleasure of installing this cage in this boosted supra, hes pretty stoked with the name plate being the rear tie in and as strut bar!
20220518_153804.jpg

Was the cage a kit you installed for the owner?

Had the pleasure of installing this cage in this boosted supra, hes pretty stoked with the name plate being the rear tie in and as strut bar!
View attachment 372925
Does he happen to drive a 2500HD and know where to get free rocks?

Was the cage a kit you installed for the owner?
Yeah its a kit, still have to cut and notch everything though. Pain in a small car to crawl around and weld it all up lol

Nice John!
thanks dude, looks like there's will be a new tubing bender for me in the future lol. I get way too many jobs I've turned away for tubing work/cages and despite I don't like doing it, I'm gonna have to suck it up buttercup and get at it haha

Isn’t the door bar supposed to hit at the point of the cross bar? @Jody Treadway am I remembering that wrong?
according to instructions, it's suppose to pass between shoulders and elbow at some point...that was all it gave so this is where we landed. That was all that was mentioned for proper installation per "rules"

Rules may not say it has to land there but physics, and shear forces say it would be stronger if it did. Looks almost like the B pillar should be laid back a bit to match the B pillar of the car. That would use the extra length in the door bars. But I am sure the A pillar and bars have already been cut.

Rules may not say it has to land there but physics, and shear forces say it would be stronger if it did. Looks almost like the B pillar should be laid back a bit to match the B pillar of the car. That would use the extra length in the door bars. But I am sure the A pillar and bars have already been cut.
Nodes, man.

that might be true and I'm sure there are "better?" ways to do it but I just followed instructions that came with it designed for this car specifically and rolled with it. Customer did his research and bought the kit for it and I didn't really have much say in the design. It was my job to cut and notch everything to fit nicely in place according to diagrams provided and burn it in carefully.

Nodes, man.
funny since I have my plasma table and work with "nodes" in the software that was the first and only thing that popped in my mind when i saw this lmbo, but I honestly was like "nodes???" (still am haha)

funny since I have my plasma table and work with "nodes" in the software that was the first and only thing that popped in my mind when i saw this lmbo, but I honestly was like "nodes???" (still am haha)
I understand.
Someone told me what backlash was just yesterday.

Damn, you guys are ruthless lol. I'm pretty sure John could shit out a gold brick and somebody would say "that brick of gold has too much shit on it, couldn't you have done better".
I agree.

Damn, you guys are ruthless lol. I'm pretty sure John could shit out a gold brick and somebody would say "that brick of gold has too much shit on it, couldn't you have done better".
And it would be Biden's fault that he did it.

Well I appreciate that sir

Back