Copper Crawler buggy build

love the atlas pinion support MUDPRO

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd489_mcutler1_copper_20crawler_20buggy_buggydrivetrainhood006.jpg

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd489_mcutler1_copper_20crawler_20buggy_buggydrivetrainhood007.jpg

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd489_mcutler1_copper_20crawler_20buggy_buggydrivetrainhood008.jpg

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd489_mcutler1_copper_20crawler_20buggy_buggydrivetrainhood009.jpg

also carried my frame stub out today, will prob be some speedhole gusset there and another node from shock hoop to engine mount.

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd489_mcutler1_copper_20crawler_20buggy_buggydrivetrainhood030.jpg

much more to come this week, gonna play alot of hookie from my business and not much family stuff happening for holiday so, :beer:, sleep,:popcorn:, :beer:, work on buggy,:beer::bounce2:

When is the forecasted maiden voyage ?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hot. I really like the removable crossmember for the trans/t-case. This is coming along very well.

Skinny kid gotta eat and sleep there cannon. Was hoping to go out west and spectate the KOH, but with new building and possibly new race trailer in the works, gonna put that off i guess. So most likely will be club ride to GMP in March.

sent from HTC Droid on tapatalk

I don't know if that plywood while holdup to a winch pull!!!
Looks killer man!

I know rite, but it is birch. :lol:

yea kid i hope it works as well as it looks!
thanks for comps guys. get bored this weekend come on up get dirty.:beer:

I am not very smart but I can turn wrenches. . .HAHA . . .Looks great

How did you measure and notch the hood so tightly to the upper C/O hoops? That looks incredibly clean.

thanks dude. just mounted the fenders and use a framing square on fender edge; figured in body gap and used the front tip of fender as a front to back reference point. still needs a bit more clearance front to back cuz one hoop is slightly taller than the other, but i appreciate, it i really dig it too.:beer:

Question about the Mudpro Atlas mount.
I contemplated using one is these, but Advance adapters recommended I did not, just let it hang off the back like the Dana 300 did.
Thoughts?

i personally dont see a definitive risk with it, as long as all powertrain mounts are mounted in bushings, prefferably of same material to allow flex at same rate. i would think that is AA view on it, they cant control mounting in that fashion, therefore no warranty. who's gonna tell em if we do?
plus; if there is concern leave alil slip in the pinch bolt to allow minimal twist; of course thats what the bushing is for-:huggy:

Always skeptical of car skins on a buggy but you are pulling it off very well. Nice :huggy:

thanks farmboy, yea kinda figured might catch alil flack bout it, but still have some more surpises that should keep it worthy for a rock rocket. Also diggin your new buggy build dude, gonna be sweet.

Thanks DavidG, saw you and Adam at dixie run and got to witness your bet at Bounty hill, f**ckn awesome dude!

damnit man......are you still gonna wheel with me and my crooked ass jeep? lol

Back