Coronavirus project thread

Footers all dug and concrete poured. Now I need some poles.
42 80lb bags of concrete
footer4.jpg

The rest
footer2.jpg

footer1.jpg

Friday poured concrete footers.
Saturday cut up a couple of trees neighbor had down in his front yard and hauled to the house.
wood5.jpg

And Sunday turned that into this this
wood2.jpg

wood3.jpg

Best wood stacker ever! My youngest daughter stacked all of it!
wood1.jpg

Needless to say, I am one sore sum bitch today. old age really sucks!

Few more updates. Got all the purlins, eave trim on and and almost all of roofing. Got two 24” panels left, ridge cap and rake trim. I can see the finish line! This is certainly hard on an old body! Thank goodness for my son in law as well as my youngest daughters boyfriend. Been a lot of help!
785FA6EA-1E59-4849-81B0-46B6D69C06FD.jpeg

BCC367EC-7CB1-45CF-8AD5-E96B1B40C992.jpeg

572A8AB1-1C24-472D-8A24-E32F1B48D2E2.jpeg

91F6A908-926D-4909-AD51-495CD53AD08C.jpeg

More progress. Had a couple use them or lose them vacation days left and with rain moving in tomorrow and Friday, decided to make the final push.
Finished up the roof panels and trim
AB57E7A7-8BF8-4413-A0AC-B14EC929C12E.jpeg

added boards around the bottom to keep rock in place
67D8BF60-D721-4B53-A327-092EF5819903.jpeg

Laid some fabric down to keep weeds out.
C361AA72-9054-42C9-ABD1-9521BC768FCC.jpeg

7 tons of gravel hauled and spread
A24F7A32-72CA-460E-97C6-57F8A36471A1.jpeg

she fits!
61EA6C90-D824-41C1-8718-876314F29184.jpeg

5DBD0EC7-EED3-4358-A683-4B3D8CBAF3C7.jpeg

Built a couple of digital picture frames for the grandparents. They run on raspberry pis and update automatically from a google photos album that Cyd and I share. I owe a huge debt to this guy for the how-to articles, especially the one that showed how to have the pi start its own hot spot if it couldn't find a wifi network that it knew.

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Built a couple of digital picture frames for the grandparents. They run on raspberry pis and update automatically from a google photos album that Cyd and I share. I owe a huge debt to this guy for the how-to articles, especially the one that showed how to have the pi start its own hot spot if it couldn't find a wifi network that it knew.

View attachment 334710

View attachment 334709

View attachment 334711

View attachment 334708

View attachment 334707

View attachment 334706

go ahead and make another one for me also! How much overall it did it cost? That’s pretty awesome

go ahead and make another one for me also! How much overall it did it cost? That’s pretty awesome

I'd guess they were about $200/ea. I've been buying 23" Dell open box monitors for $90. The pi (3b+) is $65 once case/card/xfrmr are accounted for. Then it's a lot of nickel & dime stuff - cords, screws, sandpaper, new saw blades, tung oil, making a miter jig, etc. Wood was probably $40 for both frames, not counting the maple.

I'd guess they were about $200/ea. I've been buying 23" Dell open box monitors for $90. The pi (3b+) is $65 once case/card/xfrmr are accounted for. Then it's a lot of nickel & dime stuff - cords, screws, sandpaper, new saw blades, tung oil, making a miter jig, etc. Wood was probably $40 for both frames, not counting the maple.
I got a few old spare monitors. I’ll drop them by soon for you to make me one haha

View attachment 334710

View attachment 334709

View attachment 334711

View attachment 334708

View attachment 334707

View attachment 334706
That is friggin awesome. Can you buy something like that on Amazon from China for like $100? If not, ill give you $50 to build me one. :p

That is friggin awesome. Can you buy something like that on Amazon from China for like $100? If not, ill give you $50 to build me one. :p
I bought Mom something exactly like this, but probably only 11", maybe.... 5 years ago? There are tons of them.
But nowadays to be able to push new pics you have to have a subscription or something through the company

More progress. Had a couple use them or lose them vacation days left and with rain moving in tomorrow and Friday, decided to make the final push.
Finished up the roof panels and trim
View attachment 334441
added boards around the bottom to keep rock in place
View attachment 334442
Laid some fabric down to keep weeds out.
View attachment 334444
7 tons of gravel hauled and spread
View attachment 334447
she fits!
View attachment 334449
View attachment 334455
Those trusses are beefy.
What's the spacing between them?

I got a few old spare monitors. I’ll drop them by soon for you to make me one haha

That's exactly how this project started. "I have old monitors and raspberry pis - I can make a picture frame for free dollars!"

Once I built a proof of concept, we realized that they would make great Christmas presents for our parents... And if I gave them as gifts, they needed to be a little nicer. :rolleyes:

That's exactly how this project started. "I have old monitors and raspberry pis - I can make a picture frame for free dollars!"

Once I built a proof of concept, we realized that they would make great Christmas presents for our parents... And if I gave them as gifts, they needed to be a little nicer. :rolleyes:
Story of like half my projects. Snowballing out of control

I bought Mom something exactly like this, but probably only 11", maybe.... 5 years ago? There are tons of them.
But nowadays to be able to push new pics you have to have a subscription or something through the company
Yeah, but I want a big one, and I want it to look nice and handmade. That's why I need to sub it to Shawn for tree fiddy.

Dang man. That's definitely NOT the easy way :laughing:

What kind of wood is it? Almost looks like walnut.

Gum.

It was one of those things that snowballed. Knowing what I know now, I would have hunted down a 25-30hp stump grinder and knocked out out in a couple of hours.

Gum.

It was one of those things that snowballed. Knowing what I know now, I would have hunted down a 25-30hp stump grinder and knocked out out in a couple of hours.
What happened to the backhoe? Not sure it would have helped with the size of that stump.

Seems like a few child labor laws were suspended for the day! Which one of the little people mans the chainsaw? 😜

Had to do the corona quarentino last week because I was working in a house that the whole family came down with it. Wife took the kids and went to her parents until my test came back. I had painted some corner armor a couple months ago so I decided to just paint everything else. Lucky we had 2 decently warm days....Tractor Supply International White,harbor freight compressor, kobalt hvlp gun, inadequate lighting and 1 non professional painter with no attention to detail. I need another exposure and some more warm weather and I think I can finish it.

KIMG0002.jpg

Back