Craigslist renegotiators

Sold a transmission and an adapter last week. The guy asked "what's your best CASH price today?"
I dropped $150 off my price (to sell both at once), 30 seconds later he responds with "I am on my way"
The guy gets there, and pretends the ATM would only give him $500 and he was $50 short. I told him that wasn't my "best CASH price today, and he knew that when he left"

I will be damned, his buddy just happened to have $60 in crisp, ATM fresh $20's in his pocket that he was willing to contribute to the deal.....

I hate selling stuff....but I have too much stuff...

Selling something i had a guy show up, two hours late. which was fine bc we were supposed to meet before dinner and ended up eating dinner and meeting after. But then he doesn't have any cash and has to find an ATM with his bank.

My question is... why would you not stop before you left your hometown where you know where the ATM's are, before heading two hours away to buy something.

Loaded a trailer w/ a 460, C6, Dana 70...then the buyer whips a check....his roommates check (roommate was not present, not that I take a check from anyone).

Needless to say, the trailer was unhooked & an atm was found in town.

I had my '66 F-85 on craigslist for $2500 or so, guy named Sam offers $1,000 & I say no thank you. He replies it's nothing but a n#%%#r car anyway. I replied a n#%%#r car you wanted to buy....no reply.

My question is... why would you not stop before you left your hometown where you know where the ATM's are, before heading two hours away to buy something.
Happens to me all the time. Just one of the many things I mean to do but forget. Like swap out the 2" and 2-5/16" ball. Of course that one I didn't remember until I had an old ford crewcab drug halfway up my trailer at 10pm in the middle of nowhere.

Selling something i had a guy show up, two hours late. which was fine bc we were supposed to meet before dinner and ended up eating dinner and meeting after. But then he doesn't have any cash and has to find an ATM with his bank.

Depending on the situation. I don’t want to carry that amount of cash with me before meeting the person / feeling the situation

Depending on the situation. I don’t want to carry that amount of cash with me before meeting the person / feeling the situation

I guess i could see that, the big ticket items that i have usually dealt with have been cars and meet at bank anyways for the notary of titles. The parts in this situation were sub $150 bucks.

I don't mind taking a check, but it's going to clear the bank first. With proper ID! Most of my junk is worn out when I get rid of it, it goes for scrap prices.

I'll sell my stuff to you a holes cheaper than what I list to the Gen Pop just to know who I'm selling to and for the added accountability.
Just ask @BigSouth about the deal we made on my 43s.
I despise dealing with FB, CL and the like when it comes to selling stuff.
This is me. I literally hate selling shit online. That's probably why I have so much junk.

sold some tires few months ago on CL, guys says he pay asking price and come get them next day "payday" .. I give address tell him time .. With A notice text or call before heading down driveway so I can put dogs up... I hear dogs barking man screaming horn blowing next day 2 hours b4 agree meeting time ....when I called dogs off and met him with 40 in hand he told who was and forgot what time we texted and forgot about dogs..... how do you forget a text its on ur damm phone ..

I had a guy make an offer for $1000 less than I was selling a motorcycle for, but I agreed because I just wanted it gone and that was breaking even for me. Guy comes from 2.5hours away, all is good until he whips out a checkbook for his "cash" offer. When I asked what the check was for he seemed confused, and said it was obviously to pay for the bike. I laughed and said that a cash offer means CASH, and that if he had said he wanted to pay with a check I would have told him to stay home. He said that a "cash offer" is just a figure of speech, and when I told him it wasn't he flipped his shit and started cursing me out. He called me a scammer, got home then posted on the forum I had it listed on as well as on facebook.

I had a guy make an offer for $1000 less than I was selling a motorcycle for, but I agreed because I just wanted it gone and that was breaking even for me. Guy comes from 2.5hours away, all is good until he whips out a checkbook for his "cash" offer. When I asked what the check was for he seemed confused, and said it was obviously to pay for the bike. I laughed and said that a cash offer means CASH, and that if he had said he wanted to pay with a check I would have told him to stay home. He said that a "cash offer" is just a figure of speech, and when I told him it wasn't he flipped his shit and started cursing me out. He called me a scammer, got home then posted on the forum I had it listed on as well as on facebook.

Sounds like a dick....

I trust a check about as much as I trust a promise from a Craigslist shopper. Though a "certified check" is no better than a personal check these days.

I just sold my Dually Chevy bed to a guy who drove down from Ontario to buy it. At first I thought it was a scam but damn it he didn’t show up and buy it!

I had a guy buying some 73-79 Ford truck parts from me & he saw my '78 F250's old rough bed in the pics, wanted to buy it, too. I said it is shot (bed was the reason I bought the F350 I was parting out.

Damn if he didn't drive down from near the Canadian border with a snow mobile trailer & buy it, with the rest. I know beds fall apart up there, but mine was bad, real bad.

Came across this in a B/S/T group on FB and thought I’d revive this thread

B37ED3E8-6AA6-427D-8BBA-B9E0ECAA2979.jpeg

Just had a buddy claim he dropped off a car at a co-worker’s residence...coworker was headed out of town. So they made a deal, my buddy was to drop off the car, and an envelope of cash was going to be left by his coworker. The envelope of cash was $250 short. So my buddy took a wheel/tire off the car and left a note saying he left a $250 cheaper car and if he wanted the other tire he’d sell it for $250.

Just had a buddy claim he dropped off a car at a co-worker’s residence...coworker was headed out of town. So they made a deal, my buddy was to drop off the car, and an envelope of cash was going to be left by his coworker. The envelope of cash was $250 short. So my buddy took a wheel/tire off the car and left a note saying he left a $250 cheaper car and if he wanted the other tire he’d sell it for $250.
i would have took two so he couldnt ride around on the spare

Back