Cut the cord, now the options.

^^ yup.
We only have like 10Mbit internet access, and rarely have a problem w/ Sling, Netflix or anything else, and there is pretty much always somebody using a laptop or phone at the same time.
We do it through a Roku3 that is connected to the router via good ol' Ethernet cable, run through the walls etc.

There needs to be more isp competition. Right now Spectrum is the ONLY thing I can fined available in my area other than Verizon wireless.

I am and old time Time Warner customer and am grandfathered into Spectrum. As I understand it, Spectrum will carry us at our TWC rate until we want to make ANY changes to our service. At that time we will become Spectrum customers and will be subject to full price Spectrum rates.

Right now I pay $108 a month for basic, slow internet and a mid tier TV package. I called wanting to drop the TV and continue my present internet at the current $19.99 a month charge only to find out the above. My TWC basic 3.70 DL 1.09 UP speeds will cost me $69.99 if I drop my TV service. I was going to go the YouTube TV route and may still do so. I can get faster internet and all the TV channels we want by switching and the price will be about the same. Just seems like there should be options instead of this monopoly.

Back