D60 rear value?

Depending on how fresh the parts I'd say $5-800

Yes sir he was the previous owner

From talking with him I'm fairly certain it's 35 spline. That 4Runner had a 14b in it but he swapped it with that 60 that was in his Tacoma. I honestly wouldn't waste the time to swap it with a 14b depending on what tire you plan to run.

Cheap. Rear 60s are not the most desirable of the lot. You'll have to broach it in order to fit 35 spliners.
Not all of them. Later models (not sure of years) were large enough to fit 35 spline with no modification necessary.

I was told by the person I traded with to get the Tacoma that the D60 had 35 spline yukons, but I also never pulled a shaft to verify. A little background, the D60 actually came from @hutchyy98 Tacoma that I swapped for a 14b during my short ownership of the Taco.

Really the only reason I swapped the 60 to a 14b is because the 60 had left hand threaded wheel studs and I couldn't find a small enough OD lug that would fit the aluminum beadlocks I had. And I had all the parts to build the 14b.

If it were me, I'd keep the D60. It held up with 42s in that heavy Tacoma for ~7+ years so it should be fine under the 4runner

If you search @hutchyy98 old posts, he asked about a shop that could bore the tubes to fit 35 spline shafts

When I had mine out it was game over for a couple of days.
I’m feeling damn good at the moment, hopefully be back to wrenching on it tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. I’ll check the spline count on my 60 and post it up. I’m pretty convinced on swapping to my 14b I have.

Back