D60 rear value?

I’m feeling damn good at the moment, hopefully be back to wrenching on it tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. I’ll check the spline count on my 60 and post it up. I’m pretty convinced on swapping to my 14b I have.

Might not be a bad idea if you plan to run 4.56 gears

I'm curious on spline count. Pre-78 (I think) can even be 19 spline.
Most don't value a 60 rear at much. Me included. I think to the right buyer maybe 350 tops.

Really the only reason I swapped the 60 to a 14b is because the 60 had left hand threaded wheel studs and I couldn't find a small enough OD lug that would fit the aluminum beadlocks I had. And I had all the parts to build the 14b.
o_O
Why not just buy 8 right hand thread studs? Sorry that just made me laugh for some reason.

I'm curious on spline count. Pre-78 (I think) can even be 19 spline.
Most don't value a 60 rear at much. Me included. I think to the right buyer maybe 350 tops.
I think they are a good option for a lighter rig. More ground clearance than a 14bolt and alot better than a 44 rear or the most overrated axle in the world, the ford 9".

I think you can get $500 for a 35 spline disc braked 60. To the right guy.
I’d run it though if it’s 35 spline. It’s hard to break one unless you’re on stickies or running a V8 and beating on it.

I’d run it though if it’s 35 spline. It’s hard to break one unless you’re on stickies or running a V8 and beating on it.
Eventually going to a 5.3 one day, for now the beast will be powered by the infamous 22re :D

I run a 35 spline 60 rear. 5.38 gears. Broke a shaft and a r & P eventually. 4.0 aw4 203/205 drive-train. Of course that 60 was put in my xj in '09 re-geared in '10 and beat on since..... I'd run a 35 spline 60 in a heartbeat.

I run a 35 spline 60 rear. 5.38 gears. Broke a shaft and a r & P eventually. 4.0 aw4 203/205 drive-train. Of course that 60 was put in my xj in '09 re-geared in '10 and beat on since..... I'd run a 35 spline 60 in a heartbeat.
I have a 35 spline 60 rear in my buggy also 4 years going strong

2000 e350 d60 here. Yukon chromoly yoke, Branik double 35 spline shafts and ecgs flanges. It got beat hard.

What were you doing in John's Island? That would go good under my road runner after I cut the 8 lug outters off

@Stuntman Autoworks would tell you that you are wrong all day long and twice on Saturday.

I have a 35 spline 60 rear in my buggy also 4 years going strong
this this right here is why yours broke.

@Stuntman Autoworks would tell you that you are wrong all day long and twice on Saturday.

this this right here is why yours broke.
Everything fatigues over time, I still wouldn't hesitate to run one on a lightweight lower powered rig.

I mean it lasted 3 years with 42"stickies and the axle was used who knows how many years before I bought it under an s10 truggy that weighed alot more.

Back