Daily driver 94 2-door XJ build

This thing is a neverending saga. Replace blown engine, rear axle is dead. Replace rear axle and front axle is dead. Replace front axle and it needs a driver's side u-joint.

So yeah, it is getting close, unless something else breaks.....
Sounds like your typical xj to me! Which helps keep you in business! ;)

I can't believe this stupid Jeep. I replaced the front driver's side axle shaft and joint, new u-joint on the driveshaft, took it for a drive and now the transfer case is making noise. I seriously can't catch a break with this thing. I am going to replace the tcase this week and if that doesn't fix it I'll just take that as an assumption that this Jeep wants to die and I'll swap everything over to another XJ or just part it and buy a Wrangler.

I did the zj rear disc conversion, not worth it in my opinion. Good drum brakes will work just as well without additional work. I did the zj disc, master, prop valve and booster, doesn't stop any better than when the drums were right..

I vastly prefer discs over drums, so even if they don't gain me anything at all, I will probably still do them.

This damn XJ better watch its back though, one more slip up and it is being sold. I picked up a nice TJ last night that is lifted, brand new 33s, and runs and drives awesome. Just needs the entire driver's side replaced. I am really close to DDing that and selling this thing.

Back