Dana 30 ball joint "eleminators"

Keith1138

Until @Loganwayne mentioned them I had no idea that they made them for a dirty 30 money pit. Just from a few minutes I have found two different companies that made them. One seems legit the other seems sketchy. Does anyone have any first hand experience with a particular brand?

Last edited:
Is that a uniball? I wouldn't expect very long between rebuilds if so...

Is that a uniball? I wouldn't expect very long between rebuilds if so...
Ah so the ones you had utilized a uniball design and didn't last too long before you had to rebuild them on the dana 30/44. What brand were you running?

Ah so the ones you had utilized a uniball design and didn't last too long before you had to rebuild them on the dana 30/44. What brand were you running?
I'm better with money than that.

Never ran them (either company) but it seems you’re starting to dance in the “how many upgrades does it take to make my D35 last” world. Just axle swap it an be done. It once/ cry once. Someone will buy your axles and be happy (until they’re not) and you will be well on your way to wontons.
1DF91AE1-54E8-4E4A-B743-E08597834E31.gif

it seems you’re starting to dance in the “how many upgrades does it take to make my D35 last” world.
Kinda GIF by memecandy

Keith wheels the same fashion that I do. In that; He's overly cautious and doesn't succumb to the "skinny petal syndrome" that sucks many into the realm of "freedom noises and breakage are life". Except..he's a little more extreme than I am (look in the back of his XJ at any given time...he has EVERY spare and tool :laughing: ...which isn't a bad thing when you're broken and need a muffler bearing repair kit to get back to camp...Kieth HAS ONE)

He's just looking to secure any loose ends that MAY cause issues without going overboard (overboard being Wontons, LS, Freedom noises, Dale Yeah...etc)

Except..he's a little more extreme than I am (look in the back of his XJ at any given time...he has EVERY spare and tool :laughing: ...which isn't a bad thing when you're broken and need a muffler bearing repair kit to get back to camp...Kieth HAS ONE)

He's just looking to secure any loose ends that MAY cause issues without going overboard (overboard being Wontons, LS, Freedom noises, Dale Yeah...etc)
The bad part is I have cut back on the amount of stuff I carry lol.

My thing is if I end up having to replace my synergy ball joints is it going to be cheaper in the long run to switch to a set of these.

My goal with the cherokee is make it as reliable as possible for mild trails. That way I still have a rig that is fun at potts, kairos, ure and etc. Then down the road build a wontons and 40s rig for harlan, aop, and etc.

The bad part is I have cut back on the amount of stuff I carry lol.

My thing is if I end up having to replace my synergy ball joints is it going to be cheaper in the long run to switch to a set of these.

My goal with the cherokee is make it as reliable as possible for mild trails. That way I still have a rig that is fun at potts, kairos, ure and etc. Then down the road build a wontons and 40s rig for harlan, aop, and etc.
Limp it along and build the 1 tons.

carry a spare set of cheap ball joints with you and a big ass clamp.

Back