Dana 60 front Steering 14 bolt rear....

have you plug welded the tubes or ran a bead around where the tubes go into the center section? they could be twisting/flexing slightly causing weld to crack

yep. did that a few years ago when i still had leaf springs on it. Had seen plenty or horror stories of twisting tubes on 14bolts. Honestly i think its just crappy cast material, or maybe i just cant weld. :lol:

The hundreds of threads on cast iron welding weren't enough the first time?:shaking::flipoff2:

For some reason these articles eluded me when i was out in the shop working instead of on the internet with my hootus in my hand. :flipoff2:

I actually have a fish plate on the front side of the truss to the chunk.. I hope that the rear weld actually won't have a huge load on it.. it it tucked up to the lip of the chunk and with the fish plate on the front i hope it is pinched in there...

rear axle mock up

IMAG0221.JPG

IMAG0222.JPG

IMAG0223.JPG

That rear truss is totally pimp looking. It makes the typical BTF 1/2" thick bent flat bar truss look like back yard bent up garbage.

Got a question though. The rear ram is attached to the steering arm about half way between the tie rod and kingpin. It won't have as much force to turn the tires with such a short effective lever arm, but should be quicker steering. Just curious what your thoughts were behind attaching it like that.

Im sure you already figured this out but how is the ram gonna work mounted more inboard. I assume that it takes less stroke to get the same amount of turn due to the distance from the axle centerline. Bad ass build by the way.

That rear truss is totally pimp looking. It makes the typical BTF 1/2" thick bent flat bar truss look like back yard bent up garbage.
Got a question though. The rear ram is attached to the steering arm about half way between the tie rod and kingpin. It won't have as much force to turn the tires with such a short effective lever arm, but should be quicker steering. Just curious what your thoughts were behind attaching it like that.

damnit beat me to it

Ok.. just so happens thier is no where else that the ram can be mounted to make it work.. yes i am losing a little bit of maximum leverage. but if you think about that, the ram would have been mounted on the inside of the tie rod anyway.. it is not that much off from original mount.. As a matter of fact i am using much longer arms than about any standard set of hydro arms out there.. The mounting hole for the ram is about where tie rod is on normal hydro arms..... I would have loved to mount it to tie rod.. but when you have 50lbs of Sh@# in a 5 lb bag and only alittle real steel to mount to.... that is what you have to do, improvise and make it work.. thanks PJ

That is freakin sweet.

finished pics

IMAG0225.JPG

IMAG0226.JPG

ballin

New stance

IMAG0231.JPG

IMAG0232.JPG

IMAG0234.JPG

Looks sick PJ...So what would it cost for you to do a rear stear conversion on a stock 14 bolt.....no lug pattern change?

estimate pm sent.. thanks

Back