diesel truck wars

toyota231 said:
As i said the PO states that there is something done but i haven't been able to get in there and pull anything apart and see what is done. i want to find out for myself what is done and then i am gonna go from there on my next mods.

Yeah, definately.. I'm sure you also have gauges, you just didn't mention 'em.

A fuel plate is pretty easy to get to, you might be able to get it without pulling the intake horn...
If you're in gear, what will it rev to before it craps out? That's the easiest way to see if you've got a governor spring kit. stock would be around 2300-2500.. with a 3k, it should pull to about 3000, and a 4k should take you to 3500-3700. Many guys with the '94-95's will go right to the 4k kit, because the 3k is starting to defuel around 2700 with the smaller pumps...

Rich said:
Yeah, definately.. I'm sure you also have gauges, you just didn't mention 'em.

A fuel plate is pretty easy to get to, you might be able to get it without pulling the intake horn...
If you're in gear, what will it rev to before it craps out? That's the easiest way to see if you've got a governor spring kit. stock would be around 2300-2500.. with a 3k, it should pull to about 3000, and a 4k should take you to 3500-3700. Many guys with the '94-95's will go right to the 4k kit, because the 3k is starting to defuel around 2700 with the smaller pumps...

The truck only revs to about 2500 so im not sure on that one. I do have guages, a pyro and boost. When i get on the truck real hard the turbo will boost up to 40-42 pounds of boost and my exhaust gas only runs to about 800 degrees under a full load. Question- What does the stock turbo boost to on a completely stock truck and what is the maximum boost pressure on the stock turbo?

Back