diesel truck wars

And with a website name like "inline diesel", you think it wouldn't be biased? :lol: Funny though

If you go back to the home page and then click multimedia, there's a bunch of sled pulling videos, and a few "hooking 2 trucks together"

From what I've read about that retarded activity, whomever has the higher mount point REALLY has the advantage, followed by whoever starts spinning tires last... I bet the results would have been different if the PSD hooked to a gooseneck ball instead of a drop hitch..

Rich said:
From what I've read about that retarded activity, whomever has the higher mount point REALLY has the advantage, followed by whoever starts spinning tires last... I bet the results would have been different if the PSD hooked to a gooseneck ball instead of a drop hitch..

Ha a powerstroke out pull a cummins thats funny:lol: . I like how people are installing cummins engines into ford trucks, but i don't think i've seen a single powerstroke put into a dodge. To me i think that says something.
CUMMINS POWER! I haven't met an equally powered powerstroke yet that can outpull my dodge.

Dude, seriously, lose the brand loyality. It doesn't become you...

I love my CTD (engine) as much as the next guy, but even I'll admit that a certain stock 6.0 PSD with 4.10 gears can get a ~13,000lb load moving better off the line than my CTD, which has a little more HP and alot more torque than the PSD. (Once the turbo spools, it's a different story, but I digress)

CTD's are no doubt very long-lived engines, that's the biggest reason you'll find CTD powered Fords.. That, or the guy wanted a LOT of hp, and wanted the engine to live.

My buddys 1981 toyota smoker 4 woulda BURIED those 3 , hooked together :flipoff2:

I saw my buddy that works at Cummins Atlantic this weekend Rich. Told him to be on the lookout for a bigger turbo for you :D

toyota231 said:
I like how people are installing cummins engines into ford trucks

Ford used to own a large portion of cummins, and still use alot of isb engines in their bigger trucks.

Rich said:
Dude, seriously, lose the brand loyality. It doesn't become you...

I love my CTD (engine) as much as the next guy, but even I'll admit that a certain stock 6.0 PSD with 4.10 gears can get a ~13,000lb load moving better off the line than my CTD, which has a little more HP and alot more torque than the PSD. (Once the turbo spools, it's a different story, but I digress)

CTD's are no doubt very long-lived engines, that's the biggest reason you'll find CTD powered Fords.. That, or the guy wanted a LOT of hp, and wanted the engine to live.

Sorry man i don't care what you say, i am brand loyal and have many reasons and experiances with all brands to back my beleifs. I have put my truck against a few powerstrokes that are newer and have more power and my truck holds right with them and most of the time beats them. I don't mean to sound like an ass but i don't understand the problem with being brand loyal. I love my dodge and i wouldn't trade it for any other brand out there.

toyota231 said:
Sorry man i don't care what you say, i am brand loyal and have many reasons and experiances with all brands to back my beleifs. I have put my truck against a few powerstrokes that are newer and have more power and my truck holds right with them and most of the time beats them. I don't mean to sound like an *** but i don't understand the problem with being brand loyal. I love my dodge and i wouldn't trade it for any other brand out there.
I thought we weren't suppose to discuss religion on here?...:flipoff2: I'm loyal to whoever's got the best deal...be it christian,hindu,jews..etc..

toyota231 said:
I have put my truck against a few powerstrokes that are newer and have more power and my truck holds right with them and most of the time beats them..

Unless you have a bunch of mods besides a straight pipe, I'm gonna go ahead and throw the bullshit flag. (Speaking of which, where did that go?)

175hp and 420 lb-ft. is good, but it ain't all that.

Rich said:
Unless you have a bunch of mods besides a straight pipe, I'm gonna go ahead and throw the bullshit flag. (Speaking of which, where did that go?)

175hp and 420 lb-ft. is good, but it ain't all that.

Well in a side by side race with my truck against a '99 Powerstroke (automatic xtra cab longbed, straight piped and a programmer, putting out 630 ft. lbs of torque) i pulled about a truck length and stayed there until i hit 77 mph and 2500 rpm which is where my truck stops at. My truck has a little more done than just a straight pipe, i have never put the truck on a dyno so i don't know what the power output is. You can throw all the bullshit flags you want but i know what the truck will do.

What other Mods do you have done to it? Just curious because the newer PSD ford trucks haul *** with the programmer and pipes on them. Stock they are pushing 325 hp and 570 ftlbs. The better programmers with pipes add 135 to 140 HP and run the Torque up by about 230 ftlbs or so. So now you are looking at 460 HP and 800 foot Pounds of torque. Understand I am not calling you out just curious because I do not know squat about the Dodges.

OH and before you ask my numbers for the upgrade in power came from the Gale Banks website.

power

I would like to see any of the three brand's transmissions stand up to 800 ft/lbs of torque in the stock form. Auto or clutch in the manual.

LARRY SMITH said:
I would like to see any of the three brand's transmissions stand up to 800 ft/lbs of torque in the stock form. Auto or clutch in the manual.

6spd holds up fine but smoked the clutch a long time ago. 03 ctd 506hp/917tq :driver:

Jeepnmud74 said:
What other Mods do you have done to it? Just curious because the newer PSD ford trucks haul *** with the programmer and pipes on them. Stock they are pushing 325 hp and 570 ftlbs. The better programmers with pipes add 135 to 140 HP and run the Torque up by about 230 ftlbs or so. So now you are looking at 460 HP and 800 foot Pounds of torque. Understand I am not calling you out just curious because I do not know squat about the Dodges.

OH and before you ask my numbers for the upgrade in power came from the Gale Banks website.

I dont disagree with the numbers at all. Im not sure what type of programmer my buddy has but i was a witness to the dyno sheet and it was right at 630 ft. lbs. I ran this truck twice and beat him both times and he swears that was all his truck has. My truck has the injector pump tweaked (which was done by the previous owner so im not sure how much but i know that the truck rolls a lot of black smoke), a 4" straight pipe, and a homemade intake. Im not sure if there is anything else done by the PO. The truck had propane on on it and it was a lot faster then but the PO took the propane off before he traded to the dealer i bought it from.

I'll race you:flipoff2:

So you probably have a fuel plate in there, which helps alot, maybe even injectors. Gotta compare apples to apples.

toyota231 said:
I'll race you:flipoff2:

Ill take the pepsi challenge :driver:

(you better have more mods than a straight pipe to spank my stroke :flipoff2: )

Stock they are pushing 325 hp and 570 ftlbs.

dude, go get that psd dynod. Hate to dissapoint you but those numbers are at the flywheel. Youll be lucky to hit 300 with basic boltons on a psd, any higher than that you need a well programmed chip and supporting mods. I do this **** for a living...i know. The last meathead that was bragging about his PSD horsepower with bolt-on mods I payed for his dyno just for the satisfaction of seeing the disappointment on his face.

I am not bragging just saying what as I stated in my post I read. Thank you for your concern though ....:D

I dont plan on racing my truck anyway. If it gets the Jeep to the trail and back effectively then I am happy.

Rich said:
So you probably have a fuel plate in there, which helps alot, maybe even injectors. Gotta compare apples to apples.

As i said the PO states that there is something done but i haven't been able to get in there and pull anything apart and see what is done. i want to find out for myself what is done and then i am gonna go from there on my next mods.

Back