Digital TV antenna?

GONOVRIT

blue collar brotherhood
Anyone here using one with success? I’m going to try using one mounted inside my attic. Now that we’ve cut cable I’m trying everything lol.

I use an older version of this one: EXTREMEtenna Bundle | Channel Master

Mounted in attic, and used the channelmaster amplifier.

Got it free from WRAL....they ran an antenna giveaway promo back in 07 or so when i cut the cable. I get a heck of a lot of channels here...YMMV.

Antennaweb.org will tell you what you should be able to receive, direction/distance to towers, etc. Mine is not on a rotator -- I just pointed it in the general direction of the majority of towers. Do pretty good off the backside, too, get a Myrtle Beach station (tower is in Dillon, SC).

Clearstream 2V or 4V depending on what the antenna strength sites say and what you want for channels. I've installed a few for people and they kick ass. I've been trying to get around to buying one for our house but we watch mostly online TV.

The 4V is slightly spendy though, which is the other reason I haven't bought one, because that's the one I would buy for myself.

I have one you can try for free. We've had 3 different ones on our TV, and they all work fine at first, then stop working within a week or two. I think it's a problem with the jack on our TV.

I just installed a $20 antenna. it is powered by a 5v, USB, that my tv has. it is indoors.
By gosh i have gotten 65 channels. (seriously)
just aim it correctly.
After the holidays, out-laws are visiting, but then we are (I) am going to cut to cord.

I just installed a $20 antenna. it is powered by a 5v, USB, that my tv has. it is indoors.
By gosh i have gotten 65 channels. (seriously)
just aim it correctly.
After the holidays, out-laws are visiting, but then we are (I) am going to cut to cord.
You need to cut the cord the day they arrive. Don’t make them to comfortable or they won’t leave.

Thanks @jeepinmatt I already have one.

So can I just run a cable down to the junction box outside and it work in the cable outputs? 1 tv is on the main floor and 1 is in the basement, both a long way from the antenna itself.

So can I just run a cable down to the junction box outside and it work in the cable outputs? 1 tv is on the main floor and 1 is in the basement, both a long way from the antenna itself.
Yep. Mine runs from the attic to the garage where the little amp plugs in and then through the wall to the splitter that cable used to hook up to.

Yep, as mentioned, it works. Basically it is feeding the cable line just like the cable was.
Depending on length etc you may have to put an amp on it b/c there will be signal loss as it travels along the line (also depends if you have good RG6 wire or the old RG59 etc). If its from the roof to the basement, its very likely. An map is only $20 or so.

Keep in mind also signal strength is dependent on your local geography as well as raw distance. E.g. if you're up on a hill, or down in a valley or base of a hill on the wrong side, that can really affect what you get.

You must live in an easy area with an easy house. We had one of those and it was terrible.

I have 2-3 leafs laying around, they work okay but in bad weather they didn't work well and sometimes even normally skipped out. Most of my channels are also very close to me.

upload_2017-12-17_19-53-24.png

You must live in an easy area with an easy house. We had one of those and it was terrible.

Dunno, never tried anything else, and 99% of the time I watch something streaming.

Duane

Dunno, never tried anything else, and 99% of the time I watch something streaming.

Duane

Like me you're pretty much line of sight to the towers on Hwy 70, aim in that general direction and you'll get most. I have an antenna sitting on bedroom floor leaning against the wall, picks up quite a few, then the cat decides to sit in front of it....

Guess i should put it in the attic and aim it properly....

Like me you're pretty much line of sight to the towers on Hwy 70, aim in that general direction and you'll get most. I have an antenna sitting on bedroom floor leaning against the wall, picks up quite a few, then the cat decides to sit in front of it....

Guess i should put it in the attic and aim it properly....

Being 10 miles from them definitely helps. I'm sure if I didn't have it on the opposite side of the house I could get more channels.

Duane

I have 2-3 leafs laying around, they work okay but in bad weather they didn't work well and sometimes even normally skipped out. Most of my channels are also very close to me.

View attachment 259523

If the leaf antenna dropped channels 5-50 when it rained, then they suck. You should be able to pick up any of the networks from your house with a 6ft long piece of bare copper wire. Channel 4 out of Chapel Hill is a bit more challenging. That's the only reason I have an amp and a rotator.

Being 10 miles from them definitely helps. I'm sure if I didn't have it on the opposite side of the house I could get more channels.

Duane

with no leaves on the trees i can see the tower strobes from my house, don't get more line of sight then that, you'd probably be the same save for the trees, though i suspect your elevation is just little lower as well. The rolling JoCo prarie

Channel 4 out of Chapel Hill is a bit more challenging. That's the only reason I have an amp and a rotator.
Just learned something. Thank you!

I have this one just sitting on top of an armoire in our house.. Does everything I need it to except for Channel 4 out of Chapel Hill

C2MBS.jpg

I can pick up PBS out of the Greenville relay better than I can get it from Chapel Hill. Channel 25 over the air.

Duane

Back