Dixie Run Registration is live

Registered for it. It's always a great time.

what's yalls preferred route when hauling to AOP?
I have not been yet.

You're stuck going 40 to 75 to 24. From the Triad I much prefer 77 to 81 to 40 to 75 to 24.

so going through the smokies 74 or 64 is prolly not a good idea with a 18' - 20' trailer?
Google even offered going to ATL then back up 75 as an option. Not much different mileage than 40-75-24 oh well.

I came home last AOP ride 75 to Atlanta to 85 thru SC to stay out of a heavy storm and it sucked balls. I prefer 40 to 75 in Knoxville to 24.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Casey was it the lack of the mtn view or the ATL traffic? @ncsutj
Traffic and construction on 85 thru SC. Jersey barriers on both sides of the road and road was rough as shit. That was in March this year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Got 2 of us coming from Wentworth on Thursday. Probably do I40 to Ashville and then US74 out to Cleveland then I75 down to Chattanooga. I might jump off at TN153 and go over to US27 to get on the back side of Chattanooga to I24. Yeah, US74 sucks with a trailer but it just seems less hectic than going out to Knoxville. The time it takes is really close to the same when you consider the traffic in Knoxville in the Alcoa Highway area

My daughter lives in Signal Mountain TN and I usually do the US74 to I75 to TN153 frequently and have done the I24 to US27 from AOP to get to her house. That traffic on I75/I24 around Chattanooga sucks in the afternoon.

Ok pretty sure I can make it if I can get a test run day trip in ure beforehand and all my ‘new’ junk works the way it should.

Never been to AOP, are the camp spots numbered or do we crowd around like at Golden mtn?

Never been to AOP, are the camp spots numbered or do we crowd around like at Golden mtn?
Sites with power and water are, but those are few and have long been claimed.
Open camping is open. It's a HUGE field with access roads and grass between. Just hope you're not next to a buggy with TENNESSEE WHISKEY on the side, or be prepared to hear the same songs all night from his "system"

I'm going with @D2320M again. This time I'm losing those keys for good. I have to fly out Sat night or Sunday morning though for a work trip so I may have to drive myself unless somebody (sober-ish) wants to take me to Chattanooga or Knoxville late Sat or early Sunday. :D

A guest probably shouldn't be askin' favors of such magnitude and inconvenience of the members of this fine establishment. I'll just drive and block for the caravan. :driver:

I’ll take ya @cufor98 to chatta Sunday morning if ya do me a favor.
I missed T-shirt time during registration by a day. If ya show up on Thursday or Friday morning before I do....
Grab me a Xl or L dixie Run shirt from the merch people and ya got ya self a ride to the airport.
:driver:
Or if anyone else can snag me a shirt, I’ll pay ya. I’m probably not leaving until early that Friday morning.

I’ll take ya @cufor98 to chatta Sunday morning if ya do me a favor.
I missed T-shirt time during registration by a day. If ya show up on Thursday or Friday morning before I do....
Grab me a Xl or L dixie Run shirt from the merch people and ya got ya self a ride to the airport.
:driver:
Or if anyone else can snag me a shirt, I’ll pay ya. I’m probably not leaving until early that Friday morning.
That's a deal! Consider it done. Thanks!

Leaving Wentworth around 8am tomorrow but going up 220/58 to Roanoke and then down 81. The wife just did this heading to Signal Mountain (like early last week) and it was less time and stress than I40 thru the mountains.

Would be a good route for sure for those of us in northern central NC.

Anyone else heading out Friday morning, give me a shout if ya want try caravan and keep together.
I'm do 40 and then down from Knoxville.

Back