Do you wear a mask when you go out to crowded public places?

Do you wear a mask when you go out to 'crowded' public places?

• Yes

Votes: 37 33.0%
  • No

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters
Nope, I know several people my age who’ve tested positive for it in the medical field including a buddy who’s had asthma since we were on the wrestling team together in highschool. It lasted 2 days for him and he literally just left my house saying it’s a bunch of horse shit. He’s been an ICU nurse for 10 years. Another chick it lasted 5 days, but got sent on a 2 week quarantine. I’ve got another nurse chick that calmed me down coming out of coma that works in the covid-icu in a hospital is of the same opinion.

At first I was honestly worried because I don’t trust China/Russia for shit. I think the public is mostly naive, and there wasn’t enough info I could find in it to develop my own thoughts on it. I do agree that people with immune issues should take proper precautions. But fuck Roy Cooper he can swallow a whole bag of dicks for this political stunt.

C. Exceptions. This Executive Order does not require Face Coverings for-and a Face
Covering does not need to be worn by-a worker, customer, or patron who:
1. Should not wear a Face Covering due to any medical or behavioral condition or
disability (including, but not limited to, any person who has trouble breathing,
or is unconscious or incapacitated, or is otherwise unable to put on or remove
the face covering without assistance);
2. Is under eleven ( 11) years of age;
3. Is actively eating or drinking;
4. Is strenuously exercising;
5. Is seeking to communicate with someone who is hearing-impaired in a way that
requires the mouth to be visible;
6. Is giving a speech for a broadcast or to an audience;
7. Is working at home or is in a personal vehicle;
8. Is temporarily removing his or her Face Covering to secure government or
medical services or for identification purposes;
9. Would be at risk from wearing a Face Covering at work, as determined by local,
state, or federal regulations or workplace safety guidelines;
10. Has found that his or her Face Covering is impeding visibility to operate
equipment or a vehicle; or
11. Is a child whose parent, guardian, or responsible person has been unable to place
the Face Covering safely on the child's face.
Anyone who declines to wear a Face Covering for these reasons should not be required
to produce documentation or any other proof of a condition.
Children under two (2) years of age should not wear a Face Covering.
D. Application of Exceptions. Under this Executive Order, all North Carolinians will be
on the honor system about whether or not there is a reason why they cannot wear a Face
Covering. Everyone in this state is asked to tell the truth and-ifthey are healthy and
able to wear a mask-to wear a Face Covering so that they do not put other people at
risk of serious illness and death.
E. How Businesses May Accommodate Exceptions. If a customer states that an
exception applies, a business may choose to offer curbside service, provide home
delivery, or use some other reasonable measure to deliver its good or services.
F. Enforcement of Face Covering Requirements.
1. Citations under this Section shall be written only to businesses or organizations
that fail to enforce the requirement to wear Face Coverings. Operators of
businesses and organizations are entitled to rely on their customers or patrons'
statements about whether or not they are excepted from the Face Covering
requirements, and businesses and organizations do not violate this Executive
Order if they rely on such statements.
2. Law enforcement personnel are not authorized to criminally enforce the Face
Covering requirements of this Executive Order against individual workers,
customers, or patrons.
3. However, if a business or organization does not allow entry to a worker,
customer, or patron because that person refuses to wear a Face Covering, and if
that worker, customer, or patron enters the premises or refuses to leave the
premises, law enforcement personnel may enforce the trespassing laws and any
other laws (other than N.C. Gen. Stat.§ 14-288.20A) that the worker, customer,

10. Has found that his or her Face Covering is impeding visibility to operate equipment or a vehicle;
I'll take #10. I found that it impeded my ability to operate equipment.

So now this is Roy Cooper mask bingo?

Can somebody 3d print me up a Roy Cooper mask, but make the nose a little flaccid weiner?

I still have that medical condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. You still cannot ask me about this condition under the ADA and HIPPA laws. So go fuck yourself Cooper.

Pet name for ‘sugar’...but substitute the ‘ar’ and say ‘eee’...but sugeee doesn’t look right either.

0E80B10C-01D1-4986-87AB-96E49ECD96FB.jpeg

I screen my calls...especially from my wife. If it’s important, she’ll call back.
I learned my lesson on that the hard way. When I rolled the Jeep at The Flats, someone posted a pic on book of faces, but didn’t say that me and my brother were ok. His daughter saw it, showed it to his wife, who called my wife. My wife recognized it was my Jeep laying upside down. She started texting and calling and I ignored all of them for about an hour while we got the Jeep back over on it’s wheels. I finally called her back to find out the 3 of them were freaking out for the last hour. Now I always answer the wife’s texts and calls.

Well, since you don't have to wear a mask while unconscious or incapacitated or while actively drinking, i guess the only logical answer for those in NC who don't want to wear a mask is to become a black out drunk......

Sounds like a solid plan, gonna have to pregame quit a bit before going to Lowe's now.

Well, since you don't have to wear a mask while unconscious or incapacitated or while actively drinking, i guess the only logical answer for those in NC who don't want to wear a mask is to become a black out drunk......
I don't think we can use the phrase "black out drunk" anymore...
:popcorn:

I've done service work my entire life, in and out of the truck all day. My wife and I developed a system, if it was an emergency and I didn't answer, shed imminently call back. Then I would know. This works most of the time, sometime our opinions of emergency are NOT the same.

Not to derail the thread too far...but the wife and I do similar. If I do something stupid, she's the first call I make and in those scenarios I'll always pick up the phone. My rule to her is, unless someone is dying/in an accident/etc, don't call, text. Apparently 'etc' is up for interpretation. But my kids also like snagging her phone/ipad from time to time and like calling daddy too. I have had to walk out of more than my fair share of meetings to answer the phone to 'Hi Daddy'...and I'm ok with that.

I love the fcat they had to add:
11. Is a child whose parent, guardian, or responsible person has been unable to place
the Face Covering safely on the child's face.

In other words, if Mom is too dumb to know have to put a mask on you, we won't yell at you, kid.

... hopefully though Mom will still get some ridicule.

My wife and I do similar. If we call the and the other doesn't answer, then either a) it's not important, and we call again later or send a text b) it's important but not urgent, we leave a voicemail or c) it's urgent, we call a second time, and it doesn't matter what we're doing we do our absolute best to answer the second call. So far the only time we've had a problem is when she called 911 and I got the page before she could hang up and call me :lol:

Duane

so at what point do we take the masks off? Do we believe that this Covid 19 will eventually just go away completely? if it started from 1 person or one facility and a small number of people and spread globally, what's to keep it from happening again? so, do we forever wear masks and distance from everyone?

Or do we stop washing our hands after everything we touch and start eating dirt again?

I'm not a doctor, I don't know the answers. All I know is that this shit just ain't adding up to me.

No, I don't wear a mask. I think I've worn one for a total of 30 minutes in places that required I did... until I realized that the staff working in said places weren't even wearing theirs.o_O

Back