Do you wear a mask when you go out to crowded public places?

Do you wear a mask when you go out to 'crowded' public places?

• Yes

Votes: 37 33.0%
  • No

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters
The mask annoys the fool out of me (town requires them now), about 50% of people wear them, I'm more doing it to make those that are worried about it feel better. I don't like crowded areas, never have, I avoid them. "Arm's distance away" is my comfort zone, closer than that is bad! Let's wait till flu season, going to have to get out my "distancing stick".

It doesn't bother me other than sometimes fogging up my glasses a little.

you-may-be-entitled-to-condensation.jpg

Only at work, as its required. Or at least I wear it when the safety guy or big shots are around. Outside of work, I refuse to wear a mask and carry a gun. Its a recipe for disaster and I believe is illegal.

That aside, the gooberment does not have the authority to make me wear a mask in public. They can kiss my ass :fuck-you::flipoff::flipoff2:

I do, if it's someplace lots of people are, the grocery store, or if I am dealing face to face with someone stuck with the job (such as a cashier).

I've been hitting Lowe's hardware and similar places as soon as they open, so often will go without a mask, unless I get on an aisle with other people. Always put it on as I approach the checkout. During regular busy times, it's a mask 100% of the time.

I wear it as much to protect myself from somebody that sneezes in my direction. Won't stop the virus, but will stop the liquid particles that are flying in my direction, hopefully reducing any viral loading I could receive. Also, if I were to cough or sneeze, help keep me from being treated like a leper.

Renee has had several Dr. appointments this month. UNC hospital in Chapel Hill, and Moore Regional in Pinehurst, Pinehurst Medical Group, etc. All doctors, staff, workers, patients, and visitors at all facilities have had on masks. No exceptions. Temps always taken at the door.

Got my hair cut last week. They required a mask (on both of us), and had to wash hands before and after the haircut (because you are touching chair arms, etc). New neck towel and drop cloth for each client, too.

Last edited:
Outside of work, I refuse to wear a mask and carry a gun. Its a recipe for disaster and I believe is illegal.

I don't worry a bit about carrying, open or concealed, with a corona virus mask on. Sooner or later, they'd have to prove intent...and you'll win. You may be broke, the US supreme court may make the determination, but you'll be in the clear. Now a clown mask, or some other foolishness, well, some police beat-downs are justifiable, if you are that stupid.

That aside, the gooberment does not have the authority to make me wear a mask in public. They can kiss my ass :fuck-you::flipoff::flipoff2:

Yes, but common sense should have the authority to make you say to yourself:....hmmm this might save me or a loved one from getting sick, or dead...

dot gov has the ability to say wear a mask, but not really the authority. Is it really enforceable, will it really hold up in court? (re: supreme court, above) No, and they know it. But if it convinces 50% of the population wear a mask in public, that *reduces* the chances that that particular 50% of the population will get or give CV (via that transmission method). Less infected folks (by whatever means) will equate to less transmission of the virus (by whatever means).

Goobermint can still kiss my ass, but I am wearing a mask when appropriate.

To expand on putting on a mask for the cashier....you go to the store, you are only dealing with one person face to face (the cashier).

On the other hand, that cashier goes into the store (his employment), he deals face to face with dozens or possibly hundreds of customers every shift.

He doesn't know where they have been, what they have been doing, who they live with, what precautions they do or don't take. But he's trapped. I wear a mask to respect that cashier.

I don't worry a bit about carrying, open or concealed, with a corona virus mask on. Sooner or later, they'd have to prove intent...and you'll win. You may be broke, the US supreme court may make the determination, but you'll be in the clear. Now a clown mask, or some other foolishness, well, some police beat-downs are justifiable, if you are that stupid.

Yes, but common sense should have the authority to make you say to yourself:....hmmm this might save me or a loved one from getting sick, or dead...

dot gov has the ability to say wear a mask, but not really the authority. Is it really enforceable, will it really hold up in court? (re: supreme court, above) No, and they know it. But if it convinces 50% of the population wear a mask in public, that *reduces* the chances that that particular 50% of the population will get or give CV (via that transmission method). Less infected folks (by whatever means) will equate to less transmission of the virus (by whatever means).

Goobermint can still kiss my ass, but I am wearing a mask when appropriate.

Not really the hill I want to die (or go broke) on. I'll just stick to eliminating the possibility.

The masks have never been about slowing the spread. If they can convince you to blindly follow and wear your mask ect, the "new normal", the can convince you to do most anything

The ONLY place I wear one is at work .... where it's required.
Why? Because a bunch of temps who work shoulder to shoulder got sick .... IN ANOTHER BUILDING!

The requirement is only that something covers the mouth and nose.
I have something like this and the thought has entered my mind more than once .....

Shemagh-wear.jpg

The ONLY place I wear one is at work .... where it's required.
Why? Because a bunch of temps who work shoulder to shoulder got sick .... IN ANOTHER BUILDING!

The requirement is only that something covers the mouth and nose.
I have something like this and the thought has entered my mind more than once .....

Shemagh-wear.jpg
My manager wears his from his time in Afghanistan

Last edited:
I only wear one at the Dr's office, because they say so and all the staff are wearing one. I put it on at the door and take it off when leaving. I happen to have a bunch of N95 masks left over from painting. Anything other than a N95 mask is useless and in violation of NC law when in public.

I don't go to many places but when I do, I do my best to avoid people.

Besides, other than the Dr's office, 99% of the people wearing any mask are not only wearing it incorrectly, they are wearing the same mask day after day. Surgical masks need to be changed frequently in a non sterile environment. Are they being replaced outside by most people frequently? No they are not. It's the same mask that was hanging off their rear view mirror day after day.

Virus particles will sail right thru both a surgical mask and these home made masks. A N95 will stop some virus particles. My N95 will kind of protect me, it will do nothing to protect you. An N95 directly expells your exhaust to the atmosphere, they are one way valves.

It's being done as a visual reminder that the masses are being manipulated by big brother.

OK, it will mostly prevent mucus being expelled from someone but in reality, how many times are you in a situation where some moron sneezes on you? If the person who sneezes isn't wearing that mask properly, will it really help you?

I wear one when I am delivering in stores. I can't say I feel like they are necessary all the time since I am in the stores at 5 and 6 am so there is no one around. The store's we service all require them so I comply. If they want me to wear one I don't mind. It's their business and they get to make the rules. We require our employees to wear them on the production floor. If they don't like it they can eat shit and go home for the day. I personally dont care but it is our policy and makes all the other employees feel safer, so that's that.

Masks are now required state-wide.

And my response to my wife when she texted me the same thing...

Typically I would post the "Monica" Denzel meme here..but....I'd likely get reported (again) :rolleyes:

Back