Dodge Ram 2500 Reg Cab Short Bed

Hurdt299

I started this in November 2007. It's almost complete so I though I would post up some pics. Here are the specs:

1994 Dodge Ram 2500 2wd
SLT Laramie
12 Valve Cummins
47RH Auto
Dana 70-2u 4.10s open diff
72k original miles

I have cut and shortened the frame, lowered it, swapped the rear to a 02 Dana 70 with 3.55s, ls, disc brakes, and done a few things to the engine.

Here is a before pic:
View attachment 90100

Very cool. I'd love to build something like that, when you get it done you'll have to come bust my buddy's mustang so he'll be shutup about how slow diesels are. I' bet it'll fly, I say it tips the scales at 5000lbs, my 4wd lwb weighs 7200 with half tank fuel and my toolbox.

I have a reg cab auto and it's around 6K

I'm thinkin somewhere between 4500 and 5k.
Superpile: What's your buddy have done to his mustang?
It's a coupe car with a windsor swap, carbed, shorty headers, EDL intake, worked over stock heads, Built Aod tranny, 3.55 gear with a 100hp shot, a fairly tame car by drag racing standards, that's why you need to bust it just to show off. He's a buddy more or less just jabbin me but would be nice to see a trick truck but his car. He would just go his other coupe and rip off a nasty run but that one's not tagged.

It's a coupe car with a windsor swap, carbed, shorty headers, EDL intake, worked over stock heads, Built Aod tranny, 3.55 gear with a 100hp shot, a fairly tame car by drag racing standards, that's why you need to bust it just to show off. He's a buddy more or less just jabbin me but would be nice to see a trick truck but his car. He would just go his other coupe and rip off a nasty run but that one's not tagged.

I'd play with him from a roll with the yellow truck. This truck isn't quite up to that...yet.

What size injectors and turbo(s) you plan on running?

I think I'm gonna start with 90 hp injectors because I can get them very cheap, then maybe step up to 150s or 200s in a year or so, delivery valves, and a htt 66. I will NOT be going with industrial injection again. Prob gonna put a 150 shot on top of that.

I think I'm gonna start with 90 hp injectors because I can get them very cheap, then maybe step up to 150s or 200s in a year or so, delivery valves, and a htt 66. I will NOT be going with industrial injection again. Prob gonna put a 150 shot on top of that.
Sweet. What kind of pwr numbers you lookin for?

Love this truck:beer:
I have major plans for a build that goes something along the lines of this. What will it take to get this truck to 600hp?

Back