Don Custer

Praying for him

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Oh no, prayers going up.

Oh man, Prayers lifted. Don's a real selfless guy and want ask for help. I hope if anybody heres about any needs somebody shares it. He has certainly helped many of us out along the way.

His son posted that the doctors found 1 artery 100% blocked and put in a stent. Other arteries also have blockages and they will address this today.

I am doing OK. Maybe go home tomorrow. Phone is a PITA to type with.i will update you when I get home. I am humbled by all the well wishes. You folks have no idea how much you mean to me.

I have no idea how my typing looks... the emergency crew lost my readers... I'm typing blind!

I am doing OK. Maybe go home tomorrow. Phone is a PITA to type with.i will update you when I get home. I am humbled by all the well wishes. You folks have no idea how much you mean to me.

I have no idea how my typing looks... the emergency crew lost my readers... I'm typing blind!

Glad to hear you're doing all right, old fart.

Don, what's it been? Two years back, you were Hiking with Scott Allover Big Creek! I couldn't believe it! Something I might have done 20 years ago! Get back on that Horse! BTW, my older brother had to give up the Gravy & Biscuits, too! Prayers sent Don, you And Darlene!

Prayin for a Quick recovery!! Gonna have to turn vegan...

Glad to hear you are doing better, and with the same sense of humor. Get well Don, know it not, you have many admirers.
Diet will be tough, but another good friend told me once, it all makes a turd! So less emphasis on food, and more on ummmmm maybe getting back into wheeling??
Love ya brother Mean it!

My good friends, I am now back home and feeling pretty decent. I just ate my first home-cooked meal following the Mediterranean Diet and I must say it was actually pretty good. I am taking a lot more pills than I did a few days ago and as a result the cost of living has seen a notable increase. All in all I am happy to be alive and have no intention of complaining over having to make a few changes.

My very good friend JC called me this morning and we compared notes on our symptoms and treatment. What we went through is nearly identical. John, if you read this, I can't thank you enough for sharing your story. After hanging up the phone I had a much brighter outlook on things. Thank you!

The complicated details... the problem lies in my coronary arteries. These are the ones that deliver blood to the heart muscle supplying oxygen and nutrients. I had a total (100%) blockage in my left anterior artery. This particular artery is commonly called the Widow Maker. I now have a stent in it. Four small areas, two above and two below the stent still have smaller blockages of 25% and 50%. The left circumflex artery still has two blockages of 50% and 75%, and my right coronary artery still has three blockages of 25% each. The Dr. said my heart is weak and my ejection fraction is only 30-35%. Normal is 50-70%. I am on medication to hopefully help clear and heal them. Only time will tell whether or not it works. Right now I feel fine, but I do tire easily. Getting a shower this evening wore me out. Sleeping in my own bed tonight will be wonderful!

The future involves medication, cardiac rehab, diet change, followups, and a heckuva lot of walking... and probably stuff I don't know about yet.

On the bright side, I have been told a nearly full recover is possible. For 72 years I ate whatever I wanted in any quantities that I wanted. Now I guess it's time to pay the piper.
Thank you all for the prayers, well wishes, smart remarks (Shawn), and everything else you threw at me. You guys/gals are the absolute best! :beer::beer:

Don, I'm glad you are home. Praying for you a speedy recovery. Hang in there my friend!

Back