doubler vs D300 4.1 kit? options/input please

Cmon now this build wont be cheap relatively speaking compared to any and all other builds I've done. I'm just not an atlas fan for the price, just being honest. My current crawler has 5.08.1 crawl ratio for $140 total so why pay 2400, just saying. Plus shifting reviews on em isn't that great either.
Yeah cause a hundred reviews from people trying to shift them in a bind or something awkward mean the other couple hundred thousand out there are junk.

Yeah cause a hundred reviews from people trying to shift them in a bind or something awkward mean the other couple hundred thousand out there are junk.
well ok, I'm not basing my opinion of the atlas just on that but mostly the price,..having that said I do have VERY high expectations of high quality expensive products which is why I don't buy them. If and when I do purchase something expensive for example: the Chromolly outer shafts and drive slugs I bought from "......company" 2 holes that the bolts holding drive slug cover on were no good so yeah, I was pissed and therefor would/will never buy from that company again. I become very critical of these high tech/high price aftermarket companies since I'm paying them for a "professionally" made product so I don't have to "ghetto fab" one myself and when that product has blemishes/faults,...well that company and product looses my business and either find another or continue to make my own with much much less disappointment when/if it fails. To each their own, but for me I just have limits of what I choose to want to pay for certain something when I know a similar result can be achieved for half the cost or less with a little more thought and work and for me, I don't mind the latter. I also can't justify certain prices on things since I know I don't go wheeling enough either to justify the high end parts either so that to me is a big factor. I can't and never will have 10k into something that sits 80% of it's life in the yard, even when money isn't an issue...it's just hard to justify it, feels like a waste. Heck my current buggy I feel at times is a "waste" lol that it sits as long as it does between uses and I've only got 3400 into it. This one will def be up to 4500/5k when all done and said which to me is almost double of what I've ever spent.

Hell Yeah Brother!.jpeg

That was a long post just to say you're gonna buy this fully built 300 from me.
It's on my table of ideas, just working on vss with axle swap ideas and other things in perspective but nothing set in stone. I like it over the 203/205 for packaging and simplicity, seems to be just as strong too

It's on my table of ideas, just working on vss with axle swap ideas and other things in perspective but nothing set in stone. I like it over the 203/205 for packaging and simplicity, seems to be just as strong too
It's not... D300 is no where near the strength of a 205.

well ok, I'm not basing my opinion of the atlas just on that but mostly the price,..having that said I do have VERY high expectations of high quality expensive products which is why I don't buy them. If and when I do purchase something expensive for example: the Chromolly outer shafts and drive slugs I bought from "......company" 2 holes that the bolts holding drive slug cover on were no good so yeah, I was pissed and therefor would/will never buy from that company again. I become very critical of these high tech/high price aftermarket companies since I'm paying them for a "professionally" made product so I don't have to "ghetto fab" one myself and when that product has blemishes/faults,...well that company and product looses my business and either find another or continue to make my own with much much less disappointment when/if it fails. To each their own, but for me I just have limits of what I choose to want to pay for certain something when I know a similar result can be achieved for half the cost or less with a little more thought and work and for me, I don't mind the latter. I also can't justify certain prices on things since I know I don't go wheeling enough either to justify the high end parts either so that to me is a big factor. I can't and never will have 10k into something that sits 80% of it's life in the yard, even when money isn't an issue...it's just hard to justify it, feels like a waste. Heck my current buggy I feel at times is a "waste" lol that it sits as long as it does between uses and I've only got 3400 into it. This one will def be up to 4500/5k when all done and said which to me is almost double of what I've ever spent.
Did you call "x company" and give them the chance to make it right? I get exuding things to be correct, but nothing is always perfect. If they screw up, give them the chance to fix it. If they don't, screw them. If they send out junk constantly, then I get that too.

On the shifting issue, half the time, its an issue with the shifters vs the case.

It's not... D300 is no where near the strength of a 205.
Even with the HD input/output? Now your taking away a possible sale from jody :D:p:laughing: I've always heard/read they are pretty darn stout when beefed up.

Even with the HD input/output? Now your taking away a possible sale from jody :D:p:laughing: I've always heard/read they are pretty darn stout when beefed up.
Did you miss the part where they like to split their cases? Outputs yes 32 spline is what the Ford 205 runs so they are good once upgrade. The case and gears not so much. JMHO.

Did you call "x company" and give them the chance to make it right? I get exuding things to be correct, but nothing is always perfect. If they screw up, give them the chance to fix it. If they don't, screw them. If they send out junk constantly, then I get that too.

On the shifting issue, half the time, its an issue with the shifters vs the case.
no I didn't cause, well I'm just not good at that mostly because if that said company were to "say the wrong thing" I might possibly react in ways I would regret (old history of temper/anger issues) so because I can't control what others do/say, I just manage what I can. It's not that huge a deal since I don't buy fancy parts all the time. And I'm sure 2/3 bolts holding them on will work (lifetime warranty also) but for the first time ever buying "fancy parts" it was a little frustrating.

Be aware that packaging a 203/205 will be a chore
yeah been taking measurements today under the ford and whew, gas tank gotta go, wheel base needs to be 117, frame notching, and a carrier bearing will be a must so .......hmmm
(this is why I've never actually "planned a build" LMBO, just kidding. It's good to plan but I'm already getting exited then frowned, exited then frown...LOL

on the plus side, I picked up my steering box/pitman arm for the build LOL, one part down 74 more to go LMBO

@Marty

If you think shifting an atlas is a problem, definitely don’t do a 300.

Half of people’s shifting problems are poor cable routing with tight radius bends,

And the other half don’t understand how to rock the rig to reduce the bind on drivetrain and gears without actually moving.

A combo of forward/reverse/ neutral and the same combo with a manual and clutch make shifting predictable. It’s the worst when trying to front/rear dig in a bind on a hill,

Otherwise shifting while slight rolling is the easiest.

Also the combo of front or rear first depending on going low-hi or high low is also important in how it is to shift.

Haha did you call x company?

I honestly don’t know who sells axle parts other than ECGS and Jody. Never needed to go any farther than those two to get the best service in the industry.

It’s not hard to justify buying something that you only ever have to buy once and done, will last a lifetime,

Outperforms all other cases but one on the market

And the peace of mind of another part you never have to worry about.

If you want expensive, then go check out a hero race case.....

And the other half don’t understand how to rock the rig to reduce the bind on drivetrain and gears without actually moving.

A combo of forward/reverse/ neutral and the same combo with a manual and clutch make shifting predictable. It’s the worst when trying to front/rear dig in a bind on a hill,
your totally right, I have learned mine pretty well for the last year and a half and now it's smooth rolling but took some time so good point there.

Then don't
hey now, I didn't/am not. just used it as one point of example that's it. Now there's a very popular company I buy pretty much all the fab parts from and well, I admit they make me livid with the stupidest little things that drive me nuts...yet I keep buying from them LMBO cause 1. price is right, 2. don't have my plasma table yet...oh can't wait

no I didn't cause, well I'm just not good at that mostly because if that said company were to "say the wrong thing" I might possibly react in ways I would regret (old history of temper/anger issues) so because I can't control what others do/say, I just manage what I can. It's not that huge a deal since I don't buy fancy parts all the time. And I'm sure 2/3 bolts holding them on will work (lifetime warranty also) but for the first time ever buying "fancy parts" it was a little frustrating.

That is your own foolishness and immaturity then, that you can’t simply confront someone in a respectful way and say “hey, I got a defective part how would you like to handle it?”

Having dealt with “company X” which we all know is ECGS based on the drive slugs on your rig you posted pictures of, I can tell you they’d have made it right, and right away. Mistakes happen man. Defects in machining happen and sometimes slips by. It’s human error. I made a screw up last week that cost my customer an additional $1700 and I just owned up to it and said “it’s 100% my fault man, I really don’t know how/why but I caused this problem” and they showed me a lot of grace.

ECGS sent me the wrong thing before and a simple phone call they sent the right thing right away and said don’t bother retuning they other. As you venture into doing more work for customers I sure hope some of them give you more grace than you’re giving one of the BEST axle parts companies we have around here. Sorry, not sorry. It pisses me off that you’d bash such a fantastic group over a little mistake you didn’t even give them the chance to make right. That makes you the one in the wrong.

hey now, I didn't/am not. just used it as one point of example that's it. Now there's a very popular company I buy pretty much all the fab parts from and well, I admit they make me livid with the stupidest little things that drive me nuts...yet I keep buying from them LMBO cause 1. price is right, 2. don't have my plasma table yet...oh can't wait

Sounds like a great temperament to be running a business, ECGS is literally one of the easiest companies to work with (assuming that's where you got the stubs and slugs from).

Being that you're running a 4R70W and 5.0 I really doubt it'll need the stupid low gearing if the axles will have 5.13/5.38s. You be better off just running a factory BW case or maybe even a 231 or 241. You couldn't pay me to run a 300 or 203/205 (well you could but I'd just sell it and buy an atlas). The only non-Atlas doubler I would ever consider running would be a NWF box to a np205, however by the time you get that together you're likely close to the cost of an Atlas.

Back