duramax or cummins

The Allison trans behind the Duramax is the 1000 series. Good thing about that is that the 2000 series internals will work in it. The 2000 series trans is much stouter. We have put 100's if not 1000's behind Cummins, Cat and MBE diesel engines at work. Up to 400hp and 1200 lb/ft torque. They are stout trannies.
i need more info on this...

I have towed with multiple cummins, 1 powerstroke, and 2 duramax's... Gotta say the cummins has always pulled the best and Ive been pleased with it. Im definately not a fan of ford, but my brother just finished his classes for the new 6.7 Diesel (He works for Ford) and speaks extremely highly of the new set up, and as someone said, it was built entirely by Ford.

I have had both dodge 610 2005 truck and a 2007.5 lmm new style duramax and the chevy is so much better in build quality on the newer style trucks that my dodge to me was a joke. The dodge auto trans went out at 60k miles!

Dont get a dodge unless your looking into an older year truck and make sure its a 6spd only. If you find a good deal on a newer body style dmax like a lmm go for it. you will not look back

Very cool article, id like to see the truck dyno'd, but that test definately shows something wrong, 2 minute window is pretty damn huge. I will mention this to my brother tonight, tell him to talk to the diesel tech at work about it for more info.

i drove a 6.7 2011 f250 and i tell you it has the most power of any diesel i have driven. from the good ol 7.3, 5.9 h.o. cummins(75hp tune), and 02 duramax(125hp tune), 6.0 ford (150hp tune) and stock 6.4 fords and stock 6.7 cummins. it would walk the dog, and it was VERY VERY quiet. smoothest ive seen or driven also.

of course it should do all that considering its $60,000 sticker!:lol:

oh yea the air conditioned seats are nice too!:fuck-you:

Looking to buy a new tow rig, decided im going with a duramax or cummins, whats your opinion?
Cummins is the way to go . Maintnance on duramax $$$$$$. I work for a company that owns several duramax and we are starting to have problems. I own a 2001 cummins and have had very little trouble a lift pump went bad $150 .

Back