Dynamite Design - Sling Shot

Well.... Here's the deal. There was, and still is an extensive list of "things to hit" within this project. Josh showed up here with an idea for a large internal fuel cell / tool box / rear bench seat, combination. Said he could not find a place to buy this setup for his Jeep, and he really wanted it to come to life. The cage and dash needed to be something off the wall, but functional to his list. John nailed it.... Deadlines are business, and his words hit hard every time. The Jeep aside, there where too many variables floating around to pinpoint how long it would take to do this completely custom job. There are more projects already in the works for this rig. The deadline was known to be unreal from the start, but I was ready to go through hell to get it done. I did not get it done, so a backup plan was executed. We have already found some things that we'd both like to change. Who knows what the plan will be when it comes back, Josh's mind run's 100 mph around his Jeep. The goal's always been to make the rig work to his taste. The job was never about money.... Not meeting the deadline didn't help, but right now, in the beginning.... I believe the best thing for Dynamite Design is to make this rig everything it should be.

This thread is a culmination of too many different subjects, and some should not surround this rig. I am gearing up to unveil the first run of brand new fabricated parts from Dynamite Design, and you should expect some standard, in depth build threads showing up soon, including one for this Jeep.

Big Thanks to everyone who tuned in for the Sling Shot over the last 2 months....

1412746_172920696241372_700804311_o.jpg

All that suspense and you went back with the old cage and a "temporary" dash due to the looming deadline you knew you had all along?! WTF man! Okay, I had to say it.

Now to the rest of my response: I know you're getting ridden pretty hard on Hardline Crawlers which could warranted because that thread got pretty heated. I won't do that because most of it is not positive criticism. I will give positive criticism. You are a talented welder which is evident in your work BUT your approach is all wrong. Take this experience and learn from it. Remember to stay humble and realize that customer relations and meeting customer deadlines will build your business more than pulling out the measuring tape and talking a big game about your experience and resume and all that you can do. That is just off putting. You missed your deadline and fumbled through excuses why it didn't happen but when you originally started the thread you said that the deadline was a very important part for the customer. It wasn't that difficult of a to-do list. Build a pimp cage, fuel cell and dash. With the skills you said you had, it shouldn't have been a problem to meet in a 2 month period.

As I continue, you may have the best resume on paper but in the real world that doesn't mean sh*t if someone doesn't want to hire you for a job because of your attitude or approach. I don't always hire the person with the best resume at my office if they don't fit our system, or if I don't like there attitude or demeanor. Remember to stay humble, learn and don't try to skip the steps needed to become a top name independent fabricator. You'll reach more goals in life if you listen more than you talk. This comes from my professional, real world business experience. I hope it can save you some headaches in the future. I am telling you this because when I was young in my career I thought I knew everything and at the time I needed a reality check. I know now that I didn't know sh*t and still have a ton to learn. If you're not learning and growing everyday, you'll never get to where you want to be. Good luck and I hope the next build thread isn't so all over the place and incomplete.

Now drink a beer and get onto the next project. :beer:

All that suspense and you went back with the old cage and a "temporary" dash due to the looming deadline you knew you had all along?! WTF man! Okay, I had to say it.

Now to the rest of my response: I know you're getting ridden pretty hard on Hardline Crawlers which could warranted because that thread got pretty heated. I won't do that because most of it is not positive criticism. I will give positive criticism. You are a talented welder which is evident in your work BUT your approach is all wrong. Take this experience and learn from it. Remember to stay humble and realize that customer relations and meeting customer deadlines will build your business more than pulling out the measuring tape and talking a big game about your experience and resume and all that you can do. That is just off putting. You missed your deadline and fumbled through excuses why it didn't happen but when you originally started the thread you said that the deadline was a very important part for the customer. It wasn't that difficult of a to-do list. Build a pimp cage, fuel cell and dash. With the skills you said you had, it shouldn't have been a problem to meet in a 2 month period.

As I continue, you may have the best resume on paper but in the real world that doesn't mean sh*t if someone doesn't want to hire you for a job because of your attitude or approach. I don't always hire the person with the best resume at my office if they don't fit our system, or if I don't like there attitude or demeanor. Remember to stay humble, learn and don't try to skip the steps needed to become a top name independent fabricator. You'll reach more goals in life if you listen more than you talk. This comes from my professional, real world business experience. I hope it can save you some headaches in the future. I am telling you this because when I was young in my career I thought I knew everything and at the time I needed a reality check. I know now that I didn't know sh*t and still have a ton to learn. If you're not learning and growing everyday, you'll never get to where you want to be. Good luck and I hope the next build thread isn't so all over the place and incomplete.

Now drink a beer and get onto the next project. :beer:
So you say when you were young in your career????. Your profile says your 28!!!! I wouldn't call a 28 year old a veteran by any means and what is your career. I think you talk way too much. Just my .02 . David is a young guy. he has a great opportunity to create a very successful business in front of him. Just sit back and watch and you'll see some great things....by the way, I'm 28 too, i just want you to take the same medicine that you are trying to feed David.

I think the main problem, and a lesson he learned on this, is that he made plans that were impossible to keep with the deadline. It is a damn shame because he is extremely talented but got ahead of himself. At my ripe old age of 34 I remember doing similar stupid things. Hell, I have a badass 98 Trans Am that has been sitting in my garage/shop for 4 years because of stupid mistakes. I have all the talent to build a badass car, but I didn't have the time or money to do it in a timely manner. So many times I wish I would have toned it down and built something milder because I could now be enjoying it I'm sure David wishes he wouldn't have gone so crazy on the design so he could hit the deadline. Young mistakes, we all make them. Unfortunately David made it on a public stage where he was bound to be critiqued. I'm sure he has learned a lesson from this, and he will definitely remember it from now on.

Keep your head up David, we all learn the hard way.

Ha. There wouldn't be all the shitty replies here and on hardline if he didn't consistently claim outright and otherwise to be king shit fabricator that beyond all odds and with far less equipment than any other fabricator ever would complete this most one-off jeep ever. A lot shittier shops have far better public images simply because they can handle the internet...

Braxton I don't disagree...but I would hope a lesson was learned there.

Lets wait until round two...

Whats funny is I bought the cage from Josh, gave his half the money up front and the rest on delivery. He changed his mind on the roll cage and giving me back my money. So I wonder if he wasn't part of the build issue.

Back