Electric buggy

No clue on noise for this motor. Should be rather quiet with no chains. Everything I have built up to this point has had a chain in some part of the drivetrain

Just sounds like a lathe spinning up.

Is that a specific class record, single motor? The Tesla is running that fast in the 1/4. Just honestly curious.

Electric side car motorcycle over 600kg. Electric land speed records are done by overall weight. Yes the tesla is an amazing peice of equipment. It's getting that power and battery life into a smaller package is problematic

Well getting things done slowly but getting there. Got both front and rear motor mounts welded up need to center the motor and get the mounts In their final location

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 375
Here's a few pics of the front motor mount I was welding up. Ran out of gas on the bottom side

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 354
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 362
Alright have more gas now. Gonna set the motor down its sitting way high and I can drop it prob 4-5" which will help as its 310lbs bringing it behind the front axle by an inch or two hope to keep a good amount of weight up there for climbing. Going to use the crossmember I'm building for the motor mounts as an upper link mount as well be about equal length upper and lower links.

And of course the shop help doing her thing

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 358
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 312
Motor is set lower rear mount done and tacked in place. Everything seems to line up and u joint should be happy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 329
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 328
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 375
And the motor is sitting on its own weight. Got it a lot lower than even I thought I would

Now to pull it again and finish weld all mounts

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 336
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 371
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 348
No currently equal length shafts. I will mostlikely redo the links to even it out a bunch. Rear will get stretched about 1'. Front will stay same. Put wheelbase right at 120" front upper link mount needs redoing. I'm torn between doing it myself and just sending it to Mars to get it set up correctly truly a lot of tube could be redone as I did not build this chassis
I need a bender in a bad way. It's on the short list of tools to buy. prob build a subframe under current floor for lower link mounts and skid mounts. And then drop some more batteries in the floor

If you've got a list of bends you need, I have a bender, but only a 1.75" die. Would be more than willing to bend up what you need if you provide material.

X3 started off being cool!

Back