Eviction Nightmare

77GreenMachine

Phillip Talton
Well I’ve wanted to share this here for a while but just haven’t had the energy to put this all together and share but now I guess I will.

I been getting hit with blow after blow since October when the truck blew up in Arkansas.
My mother passed away December 20th as most of you know. Her death was challenging in many ways due to our strained relationship, but dealing with her physical property has been a whole other nightmare.

You see my mom gravitated towards low life people as long as I can remember. Hell maybe I’m a low life and don’t know it.
Anyways she had a rental trailer next door with some scum bags in there that never paid rent on time, always had an excuse and just took advantage of her.
Back in August many of you piedmont folks might recall a real bad storm that did quite a bit of damage. That storm took out several trees which fell on the rental trailer next to my moms house.

Me and my uncles had been telling my mom for a long time to get those people gone cause they were leaches. So when the tree fell on the place we were like “perfect, now they HAVE to leave”

Have you figured it out yet?

They didn’t leave. They moved in with her. “Temporarily” of course. Just until they found another place to go.
This is a 38 year old woman (who looks 55) and her dead beat 25 year old boyfriend, 2 kids who are 8 & 12. They are straight up crack heads. The kids are pretty screwed up honestly. Violent, untamed and pretty much feral if you ask me.

Anyways, these people have been living there in my mom’s house and were there when she died.

My uncle went there the day my mom died, we both knew where $15k was supposed to be, plus another $4,000 and it was all gone.

The day after mom died I was there and this woman said she was easy to get along with and would be super happy to just continue “renting” from me.
I shut that down real quick. I told her that I know she owed my mom a lot of money, and that is was best she found somewhere else to live. I said I know it’s the holidays and you have kids so I’m not throwing you out, but you need to be gone by January 3rd.

I check in on the property periodically during all of this and stuff is always shuffled and out of place from last time in my mother’s room. They’re looking for money, cause my mom hid money all over the place.

January 3rd rolled around and they were just up in there making it there home all this time. Moved my mom’s stuff off the entertainment center/mantle, and just set up their own decor and pictures.
I arrived that day with a dumpster and ready to start going thru my mom’s things and deal with the property. But she was there and I called the sheriff, and they came out and sided with her and made ME leave.

So I had to go downtown and file an official eviction for these dead beats. Court date is the 17th, that gets ruled in my favor and they have 10 days to get out. 10 days was yesterday, I filed a Writ since they did not appeal and now I have to wait for the sheriffs to come watch me change the locks, then I have to wait another 7 days for them to possibly come back for anything they may have left.

I go by there today to see if they’re already gone or still there. They’re still there packing up. Packing up things that ain’t theirs. They took the washing machine/dryer, expensive stereo equipment, the fridge, and more. They had the stove unplugged and was about to take it too. I confront her about it and she was like “your mom gave us the washer and dryer”
Complete BS. I was able to prove that wasn’t the case and catch her in many lies. She claims she don’t know what happened to the stereo and the fridge or anything. The house is trashed and it’s a huge mess. Basically I can’t do much about it unless I want to spend even more time/money on court costs and keep dragging this entire thing out.

This is very much a condensed version of everything. I have visited the property many times in between these dates. They’re always walking around tweaked out, stripping siding off the trailer and copper out of the walls.
One time I caught them off guard and she’s like “oh I’m just cleaning up” and is walking around the yard with a 5 gallon bucket of coat hangers and a drill with no battery. She will do anything to just look busy when I go over there.
Her boyfriend and his friend have tried to provoke me to a fight many times, cause they’d love to press charges on the mean ol landlord and drag it out some more.

Even in court the judge got mad at me for showing up with a dumpster cause they hadn’t been evicted. I said your honor i brought that dumpster in for my mothers things, they weren’t even supposed to be there.
It’s been a mess. And it still isn’t over. I hate it. It’s been the biggest headache I’ve ever had and I’ve been on the verge of a meltdown a handful of times. I just keep trusting God and his plan and taking one day at a time, but holy smokes has it been hard.

It’s infuriating that the hard working, honest tax paying citizens get the real shaft with all of this.

It’s insane the amount of paperwork I have to file to get these people with no rental agreement, no assets, no jobs, no nothing, out of my house.
Every time I go to the courthouse, I go to the clerk and pay them, get the stamp from that guy and take it to the other side of the court, pay that person and get a different stamp from them, then take it back to the original person for another thing, THEN take it to the sheriffs office and pay THEM too, and then wait a few days for them to get around to it.
3 separate filings of this stuff!

Calling @jeepinmatt

But seriously, I’m sorry you are having to deal with this. For your own sanity, you may just have to come to peace with the fact that these people know how to work the system and let go of the idea that you’ll be able to salvage anything of value from her property. Sounds like you’ll be lucky if they don’t strip the electrical/hvac out of there. No point in going after them in court because you’ll waste time, energy, and money and the stuff they stole will likely be gone.

Any chance you can make a call to the cops about the drugs and get them removed that way? I don’t really know how cops deal with such situations, but I imagine they would be arrested for possession?

Just a thought, I assume you are either executor or administrator of the estate. One of the first things an executor of an estate is responsible for is to secure the assets of the estate from being stolen, lost, or damaged. Contact the clerk of court, and see if they can exert any leverage on the sheriff's office to identify, secure, and remove property.

On an estate a few years back, I had a bank not playing by the rules and had to ask the clerk of court for help. She phoned the branch manager then and there, and reamed him a new one. No problem after that.

Honestly I'm amazed you were able to get an eviction adjudication so quickly, if nothing else feel lucky about that-- usually it's at least 30 more days, and during covid it was "as long as they can make an excuse related to covid". I have been lucky with tenants but the absolute worst have been in the trailer Park where a parent or sibling has died and they moved in. Cash for keys sometimes works--offer $1500 to leave house as it is and be out by Friday hurts to do but is well worth the money. You might also call local probation officer and let them know one of the tenants that is most definitely on probation is also shooting up in your house.

Then be happy you don't live in a real lib state where they would be granted another 6-12 months to destroy your shit.
Sorry to hear about the shit show last few months, keep cool and don't let these fucks get the best of you...they are just hoping you do something rash.

Maybe this is a dumb question…but if they don’t have a rental agreement and were never given permission to live there, can you not just press trespassing charges and put the burden of proof on them?

Maybe this is a dumb question…but if they don’t have a rental agreement and were never given permission to live there, can you not just press trespassing charges and put the burden of proof on them?
Nope, they “live there” and are a legal resident. Just had a friend let a guy stay with him for “a few nights” got his new phone bill sent to the house and boom! 90 days later he’s finally gone

Nah, they been getting their mail there so that’s their dwelling and I am their new landlord by default. Even so, I was told to leave by the sheriff and that I could be trespassed by THEM. He was sympathetic and hated the situation. He said he’s actually had situations where he’s had to trespass the landlord before. The state has so many “rights” that protect a tenant. Even if it’s only a verbal agreement.

then we set fire to the paperwork that allows such nonsense to happen
Now that’s something I can agree with.

Calling @jeepinmatt

Any chance you can make a call to the cops about the drugs and get them removed that way? I don’t really know how cops deal with such situations, but I imagine they would be arrested for possession?

That probably would have worked. I say would have cause I had proof of drug use and selling, and video and so much more prepared for court only to realize I couldn’t take my phone in the courthouse. I should have prepared better.

My uncle called after posting this and said they’re gone. But the washer and dryer are still missing. She had promised on her kids lives they would bring the washer and dryer back.
I have no illusions that I’ll be getting any of that stuff back.

crazy.
i can't imagine the mental gymnastics that someone had to do in order to come up with 'someone can move in to your house, with no agreement of any kind, go on USPS.com and change their address in 5 minutes and live there for free'
oh, and trespass the real owner
no on pushed back on that?

and we think the gov't is here to help!

wow

I could mail myself a couple things to your Airbnb property ahead of time that I plan to rent. Rent for the weekend, get that mail while I’m there and then drag it out and stay in that property until you go thru everything I just had to do. It’s baffling

I could mail myself a couple things to your Airbnb property ahead of time that I plan to rent. Rent for the weekend, get that mail while I’m there and then drag it out and stay in that property until you go thru everything I just had to do. It’s baffling
#goals. But imma do it at a popular vacation spot and re rent it

Honestly, I feel like I should be able to sue the county and the sheriffs department for the things that have been stolen, due to the fact that I can’t get the people out to secure the property.

I’m not going to, just saying. The absurdity is beyond my comprehension.

Last edited:
Can I ask what value the property holds for you? Sounds like it’s been pilfered of all valuables, stripped of resources like copper. I’m assuming the only real value left is the land. If that’s accurate, what’s the land worth? Is it really worth all of this headache?

I have two thoughts. One involves a .45 and a backhoe. The other involves peace of mind and a good pair of walking shoes.

I don’t like allowing people like this to get their way, but the laws on this shit are so fuct and you’re finding no support there.

Last edited:
Can is ask what value the property holds for you? Sounds like it’s been pilfered of all valuables, stripped of resources like copper. I’m assuming the only real value left is the land. If that’s accurate, what’s the land worth? Is it really worth all of this headache?

I have two thoughts. One involves a .45 and a backhoe. The other involves peace of mind and a good pair of walking shoes.

I don’t like allowing people like this to get their way, but the laws on this shit are so fuct and you’re finding how support there.

Y'all have to realize I'm sharing this past tense. I've already been battling this thing out and am now crossing the finish line. I'm also giving you the very condensed version.

The copper they ripped out was from the mobile home they once lived in. Even with all of this going on, I still have no choice but to get thru all of this and deal with my mother's things. There's family pictures and items I need to get, and it's a 4 bedroom 2 bath brick home on 2 acres in good area. I already have someone cleaning up the demolished mobile home and have been getting estimates for various things that need to be repaired/updated. We are weighing the options on how much money we will put into it. Bare minimum and sell it as is, or somewhere in the middle, or go all out and get as much as possible in resale. I have went back and forth on rental many times but honestly just want to be done with the house entirely and never see or step foot in it again.

I could have done things different, maybe got it done faster. I tried to be the nice guy at first, that bit me hard so I relied on our legal system, that got me bent over and dry gouged and now I walk funny.
I want revenge on these people but ultimately I believe that God is just, He is righteous and Holy and revenge belongs to Him. That's been a very hard thing to rely on but I know it's true and He won't fail like our legal system.

IMG_4199.jpeg
IMG_4198.jpeg
IMG_4196.jpeg
Here's the pics of the mobile home. I tried to put them in the OG post but they didn't upload.

If this were in the garage, and not in public, there would be suggestions made and a scheduled time we could all attend :smokin:

But since it's not, see my signature (the bottom part) :rockon:

This is why after you're 5 days late on rent you get a 10 day notice. That doesn't mean they will get evicted but It takes at least 3 weeks to get an eviction court date here and you can't get scheduled until after your 10 day notice is up so at least the ball is rolling. That's how a lot of people trying to be nice get screwed out of several months of rent by getting strung along with promises of payment for a month and half before even giving them their notice so they are out minimum 3 months rent plus the home getting destroyed in those 3 months.
My worst ever was during covid in a trailer Park with a master water/sewer meter this heroin junky bitch moved in to her brother's right when he moved out to help his mother--never had any sort of lease or even verbal contract and never paid a dime of rent -- on probation dealing drugs 24/7 and police knew about it but said nothing could be done.
Anyway this was right as covid started, so for over a year not only did everyone in the neighborhood have to deal with the sketch fucks she had over nonstop but I legally had to keep paying her water/sewer bill the entire time. Really feel for the people in places like ca that had a several year long moratorium.
Towards the end of the time she was there I offered her $2k to be gone in a week she said "guess you goin to have to evict me then, good luck."
She died a month later, was missed by no one and the world is a better place without her.

So anyway, tear the trailer down spend a month making the house financeable and half assed nice then sell the thing for 350.

So anyway, tear the trailer down spend a month making the house financeable and half assed nice then sell the thing for 350.
I couldnt agree more. Here houses are moving pretty slow. I would repair the minimum, and list it for just below going rate to try and offload it fast.

Back