Evolution of a Mini truck - Dial up BEWARE, lots of pictures

oh yea, the beast has mad flex. im maxing out bilstein 5150 14" travel shocks and it still has a few inches of droop left. long travel square shaft is a must for the front. probably need limit straps

I dig the DRW hubs! It's like full width plus some!

Don't be skeered to throw some mongo gussets in that front cross-member to frame mount; not saying it won't hold, just saying I wouldn't mind seeing a hair more re-inforcement for those long-straight pieces.

Otherwise, I dig it though; keep it up!

Don't be skeered to throw some mongo gussets in that front cross-member to frame mount; not saying it won't hold, just saying I wouldn't mind seeing a hair more re-inforcement for those long-straight pieces.

Otherwise, I dig it though; keep it up!

yea im not going run it as is. there will be some serious bracing back to where the factory frame ends. i dont want a 6" lever working on where i welded the extensions on. BTW, frame extensions are 2.5" square, 3/16 wall with 2" 3/16 wall sleeving the inside. and yes, i know ryley, he lives with me now :flipoff2:

did some more today, man it feels good to drive the truck after 6 months. still need to finish my steering box mount and weld up the rear driveshaft. i think the front springs are way soft for the 60, i will be doing a traction bar in the front ASAP.

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0434.jpg

steering
ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0433.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0430.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0432.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0436.jpg

as soon as i get gears fool. with 5.38's and welded diffs it will be rockin

ok, disaster struck last week. 2 days before i left boone the truck accidentally rolled down the driveway, picking up lots of momentum before slamming into a tree. bed, toolbox and frame are toast. radiator slammed into the crank pulley cause it hit the rear so hard on the tree. radiator is toast. moved back to durham this weekend and trailered it home. pulled it into the shop this morning and had a little stress relief time.
ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0093.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0094.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0095.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0097.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0098.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0099.jpg

plans are to 3-link+panhard the rear this week with a bunch of cut up JK control arms and front JK coils with my old shocks. using 1.75x.120 and 1.75x.095 DOM for the rear frame section. will be mounting the gas tank between the rails right behind the cab. also building a psuedo bed out of some light gauge square tube and skinning it with 18GA sheet
ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0110.jpg

sheared this center pin too
ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0112.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0113.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0114.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0111.jpg

and finally where it sits at the end of the day. i know that masking tape is the preferred choice, but i only have packing tape so dont bust my balls :fuck-you: shooting for 118" wb, was 127" before and that was a little much
ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0121.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0122.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0123.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b323_JonMetty_IMG_0124.jpg

playing with the 3 link calc off pirate, here are the #'s how do they look?
sprung mass cg 34"
weight 4200lbs
tire size 36"
WB 118
lowers 36" long
upper 30"
panhard 24"
AS 153%
roll axis angle 16.14*
roll center height 28"
instant center x-axis 114.38
instant center z-axis 50.69
frame separation 3"
axle seperation 7"
panhard is flat at ride height. what do i need to change? i dont know anything about this, any help would be cool.

i would probly try to get more vertical seperation at the frame on the links... youll want your AS to try to get below 100 IMO, or your likely to experience alot of rock humping...

panhard should really be horizontal half way through the suspension travel and as long as you can make it, to help with rear steer....

What he said ^^. Alot of people shoot for the numbers to be somewhere around 65-80% and some people make extra holes in some of there mounts so that they can adjust the anit-squat.

Back