Evolution of an early bronco.

A spare, bigass cooler, my really fat friend that cant fit inside the cage, or camping gear. Ive got a swag offroad cooler and action packer mount that will go above the fuel cell. The rear bumper doesnt stick out that far as the rear fender ends about 4" past the c pillar. The hood is in the same place as the original but the way it's cut and only having a grill makes it look high in back, eb hoods slope a lot it turns out. It is high in front though and im having a tough time figuring out front clip too. Where are the pictures of yours??

For all of you wondering why this damn thing is taking so long...i have an idea...

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_IMG_0325.jpg

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_IMG_0326.jpg

You ever take so long to finish something that you end up buying the same Parts two or three times? Finally finishing the 408w for the Bronco, probably still have enough parts to build two more. View attachment 365786
So what kind of HP and TQ are these putting out? Cost $6K - $8K to build or more?

So what kind of HP and TQ are these putting out? Cost $6K - $8K to build or more?
The heads are imports and I got an off the shelf cam and cast crank so not the most high end build ever with efi and igntion definitely getting close to 6k. Built it with fairly low compression right at 10:1 and the cam isn't crazy, it should pretty easily make 450/450, maybe more. I've got a 125 shot of nitrous for it too that the holley will control that will never get used.

The heads are imports and I got an off the shelf cam and cast crank so not the most high end build ever with efi and igntion definitely getting close to 6k. Built it with fairly low compression right at 10:1 and the cam isn't crazy, it should pretty easily make 450/450, maybe more. I've got a 125 shot of nitrous for it too that the holley will control that will never get used.

Thanks for sharing. I know nothing about building engines cost. I've been watching the 7.3 Godzilla groups. There are a couple 4x4 swaps going on right now. With 430hp 475 tq and a $6400 price tag it seesm to be on line with other motors and gaining some traction. The biggest issues appears to be engine management.

Back