Exhaust options - Jeep CJ7 with EFI

Any reason a 85-86 exhaust won’t work on my 82? I can get a full kit for $350…. Should be darned close to a fit and has 1 of the 2 o2 sensor bungs I’ll need.

After making mine myself last time, i don't think I'll ever pay someone else to do it. It was very satisfying to build the exhaust for some reason.
Want to come build my exhaust when my Jeep is ready? LOL

Update: I ordered a kit, which was cancelled by the vendor…they then jacked up the price by $80!! I decided to buy a cheap muffler and cat for Henrys to use while they bend up a custom exhaust for me. I don’t have the time to deal with this any longer!

Im losing prime top down driving time b/c of this never-ending engine swap!

Update: I ordered a kit, which was cancelled by the vendor…they then jacked up the price by $80!! I decided to buy a cheap muffler and cat for Henrys to use while they bend up a custom exhaust for me. I don’t have the time to deal with this any longer!

Im losing prime top down driving time b/c of this never-ending engine swap!
That top down time is dwindling for sure

AMC V-8s have some tricky twist to connect the exhaust manifolds; least the driver side does. If you got headers, that's easier. And getting a pipe between the transfer case & frame rail, O Lord! I scrapped my dual pipes, & had my guy build a new single exhaust using the driver side like the factory did. No cat on mine. Due to my skid plate, I had the muffler man do a U, or horseshoe, over the rear tranny output, for the cross over pipe. His concoction of Bell connectors, makes it easy to take off & on!
run 'em through the hood, newb

Back