Extended Hitch Reciever

R Q

The hitch on my work truck is too far under the body and too tight against the tail lights and I have to jack knife the trailer a lot to maneuver many times. Problem is the trailer hits my tail lights and destroys them and also the trailer jack hits the rear of the bed and destroys the handle.
I have been searching for extended hitch receivers with a 3.5" rise in a class 5 hitch. 2.5" receiver tube. I'm wanting to stay away from an extender because that creates too much slack in the hitch. The ball I use is 2 5/16" The receiver that I have now measures 9" from the center of the ball to the hole where you put the pin through it to hold it in the hitch. I can find extended 2" receivers all day long but not the 2.5". And I know I can buy the parts to make my own but was hoping to just pay the man!
Whatchy'all got?

And I thank you Caver and maybe I wasnt clear on my post. I need an extended hitch to clear the area under the rear of my truck bed kind of like this but in 2.5" form
How heavy is the trailer? Seems like a good pretzelmaker.

And I thank you Caver and maybe I wasnt clear on my post. I need an extended hitch to clear the area under the rear of my truck bed kind of like this but in 2.5" form
All those "specs" and not one dimension of what "extended" means? :rolleyes:

Do you need a couple more inches? or a couple of feet? 🤣

Here's a 24"-34" extension... appears you might be able to cut the cut the safety chain loop off to slide it further if less than 24" is needed?

Back