Face mask that you use..PPE requirement?

WARRIORWELDING

Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.
Not if. Not can you. Not an option. We are now required to wear face mask as PPE. Safety points and employment penalties are now tied to the use of Face mask at a plant I work.

What are y'all using?
We are supplied cheap disposables. Light and useless as any others. I don't care for them or any period.

I need comfort. Next week I'll pull probably 7 days straight. Probably most over 12 hours. We are doing a big overhaul.

I climb, crawl, wrench, wire, plumb, and fabricate....

Suggestions on comfort, breathable, washable....or disposable. I also wear all the other various PPE you could imagine.

I use masks made by @obullfish wife. I’ve ordered a ton for myself, as well as friends and coworkers. Comfy and stylish, and for the most part work with my glasses as far as not fogging them up

image.jpg

Do you have glasses?
It can matter on what works
Will soon. But I do have to wear safety glasses. I need prescription glasses. Eye appointment is on the list.

My wife has ordered from a company that makes them.from cheese cloth. Effective no ,pass on an airplane yes. The only time we try to wear one.I am still using gaiters on the plane

@obullfish do you have something you could send me on info?
Link?

Glasses make things difficult. Fogging is a problem if the mask doesn't fit well. Get one that has a little wire peice or something to hold it tight on your nose.

Also as active as you are you're going to want it to be tight on your face so it stays put.

I use a black silk gaiter i got from arc 3 gasses. Like 10 bucks and its super breathable (ie useless). I find they give your breath somewhere to go.

I’ve worn over a dozen different types/brands over the last 16.5yrs at my current job. The cheapest medical type ones that HF sells seem so be the most comfortable. I just wear th hem to please our safety dick and sometimes when it’s so dusty I need one. Bunch of fancy N95’s out there that are uncomfortable as hell and pricey, see grainger.

My wife has ordered from a company that makes them.from cheese cloth. Effective no ,pass on an airplane yes. The only time we try to wear one.I am still using gaiters on the plane
I tried to get on a plane wearing a beard net as a mask. Was handed a disposable blue one at the gate. Lol

Masks have been mandatory and job critical ( do it or get fired ) since March.
I don't care what you wear, NOTHING is comfortable when doing any type of physical work for 12 hours.
They just said mouth and nose had to be covered.
The majority was wearing gaiters/shields like the SA Shields or similar.
Hot, but made the bosses happy. Of course ..... non-medical, soooooo .....

Starting Tuesday, (we're off for MLK Day, woo-hoo) we have to start wearing company supplied 3 ply throw aways!
According to whatever medical experts out fearless leaders listen too, the new strain of Covid is 70% more contagious.
You get caught without it on or on properly you get wrote-up. 3 write ups, you're out.
If your supervisor sees you, he HAS to write you up. If another supervisor sees you, you AND your supervisor get wrote up.
They are also monitoring security cameras, they see you on camera, you and supervisor get wrote up.

If you can get away with it, wear a cotton faceshield, pulled up and held down with glasses. Keeps the fog at bay.

I ordered 5 of these for work. They are pretty comfortable and have a nose flap that you flip up to set your glasses on to prevent fogging. It works decent and really depends on how your glasses/safety glasses fit. They work better for me with my standard glasses than my safety glasses. Overall, I'm happy with them.

We've been mandatory for 6-8 months.

Just ordered some of these.
At my job they say it must be double layer and "approved". Gaiters don't comply for them, but the cheap medical ones do apparently.

They aren't cheap but I got some of these because flying requires them and something pulling on my ears for that long isn't comfortable.

I've had to wear one as a condition of employment for a while now. Just this week however they are getting really strict about what kind of masks we can wear. I was using bandanas and light weight face shields almost exclusively but since ole comrade cooper and the health department came out with a letter saying masks had to fit a certain way and must be at least two layers, we've been ordered to use this one style and everything else is now unusable. I will say tho that these are more comfortable than surgical masks and not as annoying as the ones with rubber bands going around your head. But I still prefer my bandanas.
IMG_20210115_082436540.jpg
IMG_20210115_082217607.jpg

I’ve worn over a dozen different types/brands over the last 16.5yrs at my current job. The cheapest medical type ones that HF sells seem so be the most comfortable. I just wear th hem to please our safety dick and sometimes when it’s so dusty I need one. Bunch of fancy N95’s out there that are uncomfortable as hell and pricey, see grainger.
Masks have been mandatory and job critical ( do it or get fired ) since March.
I don't care what you wear, NOTHING is comfortable when doing any type of physical work for 12 hours.
They just said mouth and nose had to be covered.
The majority was wearing gaiters/shields like the SA Shields or similar.
Hot, but made the bosses happy. Of course ..... non-medical, soooooo .....

Starting Tuesday, (we're off for MLK Day, woo-hoo) we have to start wearing company supplied 3 ply throw aways!
According to whatever medical experts out fearless leaders listen too, the new strain of Covid is 70% more contagious.
You get caught without it on or on properly you get wrote-up. 3 write ups, you're out.
If your supervisor sees you, he HAS to write you up. If another supervisor sees you, you AND your supervisor get wrote up.
They are also monitoring security cameras, they see you on camera, you and supervisor get wrote up.

If you can get away with it, wear a cotton faceshield, pulled up and held down with glasses. Keeps the fog at bay.
This is pretty much the corporate language we are hearing.

At my job they say it must be double layer and "approved". Gaiters don't comply for them, but the cheap medical ones do apparently.
Yeah my bandanna don't apply anymore. And being a train robber wore off months ago. We all got slack.

The plant had a normal really unfortunate event on third. Osha paid a visit. Now this crack down.

My daughter makes these which are as comfortable as I have found. They are two ply, wire on top to conform to nose, adjustable ear straps ( which is a must in my opinion) and has a built in lanyard that is adjustable as well when those time when you take it off, it is still around you neck, not on the floor, left in car, left on desk ect. Also they are washable. Sorry about the ugly mug pic.
9B89E281-C3E5-4660-A731-AB9B9FDD7BA0.jpeg

68A0BC39-281F-4571-BA0A-D67C413319EE.jpeg

E2D106F1-3627-40C3-9459-BC15AC04A6A8.jpeg

Back