Face mask that you use..PPE requirement?

My daughter makes these which are as comfortable as I have found. They are two ply, wire on top to conform to nose, adjustable ear straps ( which is a must in my opinion) and has a built in lanyard that is adjustable as well when those time when you take it off, it is still around you neck, not on the floor, left in car, left on desk ect. Also they are washable. Sorry about the ugly mug pic.View attachment 335852
View attachment 335854
View attachment 335853
Pm me info please. I'm much more willing to support hand made over something else made in China or similar.
Are they anything more than one layer? How thick or stiff is the lanyard? Our safety guy may go all super hero and demand they meet a layer requirement.

@Joe J. Your suggestion looks like the features I would need and "proper enough to pass inspection" is the lanyard thick?

I have to tuck any holding pieces inside my welding headgear.

Pm me info please. I'm much more willing to support hand made over something else made in China or similar.
Are they anything more than one layer? How thick or stiff is the lanyard? Our safety guy may go all super hero and demand they meet a layer requirement.

@Joe J. Your suggestion looks like the features I would need and "proper enough to pass inspection" is the lanyard thick?

They are two layer and pass the "can't blow out a candle" test. The lanyard/ear material is 1/8' stretchy stuff...lol I will check with her and see if she has any available for purchase and how much they are and will shoot you a PM

No it's not thick at all. It's real stretchy and soft.

I have a Ji-NORMOUS melon, so anything hung by ears makes my ears stick straight out. So I wear these

This one is my favorite

JokesterFS2[1].jpg

Wife HATES when I wear it

I have a Ji-NORMOUS melon, so anything hung by ears makes my ears stick straight out. So I wear these

This one is my favorite

View attachment 335864

They have stated the neck gators are not sufficient and the print can't be......insert b.s. here.

This one is my favorite

View attachment 335864

I think is an improvement vs looking at your ugly mug.

For the glasses fogging, just smear cat crap on them. Really....

Amazon product ASIN B072Z7M7RX
For some reason the amazon link isn't showing on my post for me...just search "cat crap anti fog" on amazon.

Wore coke bottle glasses for 50 years...this stuff was my go-to for a long, long time, especially backpacking, skiing, etc. Started using it in the 80's/90's. Still use it on my safety glasses and sunglasses.

Some of the current reviews say it's not as good as it used to be. I am still working out of some old cans that I find here and there so YMMV.

Worked supplied us with these. They are the only thing that I find comfortable for 12hr+. No fatigue on the ears and they can fit tight if you prefer or loose as I prefer. And they're flame retardant too.

Attachments

• 0115211622a.jpg
    0115211622a.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 0115211624.jpg
    0115211624.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 0115211622.jpg
    0115211622.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 98
For long periods, looping around your head is more comfy than ears.
Maybe that's what @CasterTroy needs.
Also oyu can get get little plastic strips with hooks that ckip the ear parts together like a head strap to relieve pressure on ears.
For awhile we were 3d printing them and handing out to heathcare workers

I've ordered some Miller respirators for the welding. A student when i was teaching let me demo hers. I probably should have started using them 15 or more years ago. Still working on regular duty PPE.

I've used painters respirators and was required to maintain SCUBA certed and facial hair compliance when I made high fructose corn syrup.

Really debating on the winter beard.
1610759351381302524956.jpg
Boooo!

I've ordered some Miller respirators for the welding. A student when i was teaching let me demo hers. I probably should have started using them 15 or more years ago. Still working on regular duty PPE.

I've used painters respirators and was required to maintain SCUBA certed and facial hair compliance when I made high fructose corn syrup.

Really debating on the winter beard.
View attachment 335894
Boooo!
I worked on the floor with the guys a day this week and had to wear a mask for 10hrs. I'm working on about 4 months worth of beard and if I had to do that all day everyday it would be gone. Stupid mask kept riding up my beard and getting in my mouth everytime I talked. Beard is on borrowed time with my normal mask wearing time as it is.

After the first day of mandatory mask ..... the goatee had to go!!!
Straight in the door to the bathroom!

Don't get me wrong ..... I really don't wearing them if there is a need.
With numbers supposedly rising ( we'll see what happens after the 20th ) they obviously aren't working.
The CDC claims 70% wear rate is needed for them to be effective and they also claim a 88% wear rate.
I say the wear rate is higher .... rarely see anyone out and about without one.
But at work ....90% of the time no one it within 30 feet or more of me.

I do wear one at home when sanding oak and some exotic types of wood.
Since the dust can be toxic, if I get too much of it can give me a migraine.

If I have to go into a store or restaurant I just wear a buff or a doubled bandana

Back